• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body humming

marker1957

Reaction score
City, State
Jacksonville Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Ford Explorer
Ok so I have major problems with my 2005 Explorer still. All kinds of symptoms so it went into fail safe mode. Here is what I have done so far. Replaced maf fuel sensor new throttle body fuel filter egr 4 o2 sensors new plugs coil wires crank position sensor cam position sensor. The fuel pump is working. Won’t fire. The new throttle body hums when I try to start and then it won’t crank. Please help as I am at a loss.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

codes? the TB shouldnt hum... sure its not something near?

Were all of those components faulty, or just replaced due to age?
Do you have any codes? Have the fuses been checked? Is the battery strong?
Just wondering if you have any more information, it's not a lot to go on.

I have the same model year, and I don't recall the throttle body making much noise... that year is throttle-by-wire so there is a servo of some type in there...

I have the same model year, and I don't recall the throttle body making much noise... that year is throttle-by-wire so there is a servo of some type in there...

So I’m sure it is the Output Shaft Speed Sen if I plug it in no crank. Put it back on and nothing. I wish I could get a wiring diagram for this.

Were all of those components faulty, or just replaced due to age?
Do you have any codes? Have the fuses been checked? Is the battery strong?
Just wondering if you have any more information, it's not a lot to go on.
All new parts. What is so weird it did start and so good then dead. T I have tried 3 throttle body’s. Same thing thanks

Did you reset the battery I know it's a stupid question

What’s so weird is that after replacing every sensor on the vehicle, including the PCM after the keys reprogrammed it started and ran like a champ and then the two pin connector to the throttlebody brand new and by the way started humming when I unplugged it the car would crank, but wouldn’t start when I plug it back in. There’s no crank and a humming coming from there. Any ideas man with sure help me out thanks.

All new parts. What is so weird it did start and so good then dead. T I have tried 3 throttle body’s. Same thing thanks
I replaced them all not because they were faulty because I couldn’t figure this darn thing out. It’s so weird that after it was programmed, it started ran great, and then stalled, and I couldn’t start it again. And when I unplugged it two pin connector, The car cranked just fine. Wouldn’t start when I plugged it back into the new throttle-body same thing humming. I have three of the throttle bodies I’ve tried and they all did the same thing. So weird.

I replaced them all not because they were faulty because I couldn’t figure this darn thing out. It’s so weird that after it was programmed, it started ran great, and then stalled, and I couldn’t start it again. And when I unplugged it two pin connector, The car cranked just fine. Wouldn’t start when I plugged it back into the new throttle-body same thing humming. I have three of the throttle bodies I’ve tried and they all did the same thing. So weird.

Makes it sound like it isn't the throttle body. Whatever controls it? Bad wiring?

Back