• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body spacer

trac power

Reaction score
City, State
York, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 Explorer sport trac
my friend who got a new for ranger told me that you can put a spacer between your throttle body and intake manifold and it will give u more mid range power. If this is true what is a good thickness to get for a spacer. and what kind of performance should i exspect.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it definatly does help and i think that the one my buddy got was around 50mm? dont quote me on that but im pretty sure, as for performance you can expect a little bit better accelleration off the line as well as on the highway, they also make a sound that i find annoying but others think it sounds like a turbo under heavy accelleration, if you can get one for around 50 bucks its a great project that doesnt take alot of time or know-how to finish

I ask this few weeks ago, the feedback from the forum was that you will not see that much performance and it cost about 117$ the one that i look on ebay.. if you see one for under 70$ let me know whats the improvement on!!!

it defiantly does help and i think that the one my buddy got was around 50mm? don't quote me on that but

Sorry, did quote ya!:D That's the first time I have ever heard of a spacer helping on a stock engine. Maybe what he got was a throttle body, since you're indicating a 50mm size. THAT would make some difference.

Throttle body spacer won't do squat. However an intake spacer will increase low end torque when combined with a more freely flowing exhaust.

So is it worth it or is it 2 much money 4 so little performance

....2 much money 4 so little performance

You nailed it.

Given that general consensus is they do NOTHING, so replace "little performance" with "no performance" and your comment above is bang on. :D

oh okay sorry haha i just realized that his engine is stock yea you can find them for pretty cheap at autopartsway.com or whatever it might be a canadian site though, you're beter off to go with getting a cone and the adapter for your intake because it'll be the same price

as said above...spacers are junk.

but yes putting in a new throttle body, then you got something.

Back