Throttle Body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

95viper08

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Stevens
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer XLT Custom
I have heard that the 4.6L throttle body off of the F-150 and stuff will fit the 4.0L engine out of the explorers, does anyone know if this is true or not?

Whether its true or not does anyone recommend a particular throttle body to use?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i read the half shaft article and thats not enough evidence to say yes or no to a worth while mod. I need to come up with something though because ive got one of or the fastest SUVs in washington state. my intake will be finished with in the week (hopefully) and a TB is next if i can get more than one response here.

Tonight on the way home my speedo over turned farther than it ever has, i LET OFF somewhere between 105 and 110. the TB mod will finish most of my mods.

I need more than one persons imput please

Buddy you only need one input there is only one after market tb and its the bbk! Also you need to put a mustang maf on it because if you just do an intake no matter what size tube it won't matter the maf is the restrictive part and you won't need anything larger than the bbk tb.o and please 105 ill do that in 3rd gear

O and please don't be double posting,if they did answer in your intake thread why would they here

First no body posted that ive seen but havent checked it in a couple days.

Second i have done all the research for the intake, i was waiting for my check to come in so i could but the rest of it.

Third you may do 105 in 3rd but look at everything youve done to yours, i have exhaust and intake so far thats it, so dont snap at me. im a college student who just got into the truck scene. ive been running custom vipers and vettes for the past few years

just checked, no response to the intake thread on the tb, ive searched this site for tb threads and all of them are on after market tb, no one has been able to answer the question though til now.

and btw my foot was only about half way down so criticize me all you want but for a street car guy who just started, im pretty happy with my results

just checked, no response to the intake thread on the tb, ive searched this site for tb threads and all of them are on after market tb, no one has been able to answer the question though til now.

and btw my foot was only about half way down so criticize me all you want but for a street car guy who just started, im pretty happy with my results

and one last thing, i WAS NOT bragging or getting ****y over the 105, i was impressed that those two little mods did that much on a SUV. im a street guy by heart and just switched to trucks. since you cant see how a person is actually talking by reading a post other than by use of caps, dont be so quick to go "o and please" especially to some one who has two mods done compared to someone who has 10 plus

Yea sorry buddy,just one of those days and took it the wrong way.look into the mustang maf and udp and efans.they are cheap and release hp.check for my hhr thread its a great mod for cheap.

i understand, we all have those days.

I finished my intake this afternoon and i love it. it works great, lots of power and if i time it right my speedo out runs my tach.

For the MAF i found out the diameter of the 5.0 mustang one and just bought a adaptor in the same diameter and just used my sensor module, for now any ways, is it recommended to use the 5.0 sensor as well?

Yea the 5.0 is 70mm,use your stock electronics.what intake did you go with,post some pics

i used a spectre system, since a "kit" isnt avaliable for explorers i had to custom build it. i will post pics in the morning, it was to dark by the time i got home to take pics.

btw spectre brand is what everyone has recommended, how good a brand? i like it although i care for K&N a lot more

Ifab makes a complete intake for the first gen

never heard of Ifab, i ran K&N in my old box intake and loved it and im liking my spectre system.

any hints on doing a coldair style? ive heard people say add a tube under the filter and down into the wheel well

here it is, just got to make a support for the filter to keep it from bouncing around

hmm sorry that didnt work, lets try this
photo.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this is the ifab one
picture.php

1elw1f.jpg

Back