throttle body | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

throttle body

dsimpson

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer
I have a 2006 Explorer v8 & I want to clean the throttle body. I read somewhere that I should not move the butterfly as I might have to reset computer. I plan to remove the throttle body to clean. Want to know if I can
then move butterfly to clean.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not sure where you got that from, but it is not a problem at all to move the butterfly when you clean it. I have cleaned mine twice now and have had no issues. Even if for some reason you have to reset the PCM, it is as easy as removing the + battery connection for 10 sec. and then putting it back on.

Thanks

Thanks so much , that is what I thought but wanted to check. I saw a video clip on you tube that said I needed to take it to a Ford dealership to have it done. I knew I could do it & save $$ Thanks again

$

I also cleaned mine. It has a small servo inside to open it but is still spring return when unpowered. Its not a Toyota ;)

I've cleaned mine as well and have never had an issue once I reinstall it in my truck.

Cleaned throttle

Just finished it NO problems. The dealership wanted 70.00 to do it took me about 30mins. Truck runs fine

No Problem

My Ace Ford mechanic at the dealer told me to clean it and move the throttle plate as needed to get it nice and clean. I did it and experienced no problems. I just removed the rubber intake tubing and left the throttle body in place while cleaning. I just used an old can of carb cleaner and a small brush and rag. I let it dry overnight before starting to avoid any possible chemical damage to the airflow sensor. 06 EB

Back