• Register Today It's free!

Throttle body

Mickalo

Reaction score
City, State
Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer w/4.0 4wd
does any body know if it's possible to operate an electronic throttle body manually under the hood if you don't have a helper around to work the gas pedal ?

TIA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

incase anyone is interested I found that you can operate the throttle using the cruise control actuator on vehicles with electronic throttle body

I don't intend to sound pessimistic here, I tried to move my throttle body and a number of wire housings cracked. When I reconnected the battery, the harness fried/arched. $1,100 later, I have a new wire harness, throttle body, and new wires to the two wire throttle control connector.

Be gentle. They don't make wires like they used to. Avoid an expensive repair. Granted, it is really hot here plus desert driving doesn't help.

I don't intend to sound pessimistic here, I tried to move my throttle body and a number of wire housings cracked. When I reconnected the battery, the harness fried/arched. $1,100 later, I have a new wire harness, throttle body, and new wires to the two wire throttle control connector.

Be gentle. They don't make wires like they used to. Avoid an expensive repair. Granted, it is really hot here plus desert driving doesn't help.
Hi, I'm having a similar issue with my truck. Can you please let me know what parts you had to change? I have a pig tail I bought, WPT-978, but I think that's not the only thing I'll need.
Please let me know.
Thanks,
Brian

The connector used on my four blade sensor attached to my throttle body was WPT1293. Under an 08 Ford Explorer on Rockauto you can see the connector and also see the throttle body pictured under Throttle Body tab.

The connector used on my four blade sensor attached to my throttle body was WPT1293. Under an 08 Ford Explorer on Rockauto you can see the connector and also see the throttle body pictured under Throttle Body tab.
Thanks for the reply! Ford actually used that part but I still have Issues. I think they may have screwed up wiring when they did my MAF wiring.
explorer.jpg

My MAF cause a ton of drivability issues. Once I replaced it all seemed back to normal.

Edit: what’s going on with those green wires near the MAF?? Lol…
(Go Rams!)

Back