• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

tick tick ticking in my head

megadeth

Reaction score
City, State
cincinnati,oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 navajo
When i first start up get a ticking then goes away in few minutes think its a lifter not sure should i be worried
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

jd4242

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
va beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
92explorer&94 ranger
If it goes away i wouldnt worry just the motor building oil pressure.its the rockers and pushrods that wear out

megadeth

Reaction score
City, State
cincinnati,oh
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 navajo
Cool i just replaced the heads last summer lifters looked good and i replaced the push rods rockers looked good too no bad signs of damage. We'll thanks foy the reply

runderwo

Reaction score
City, State
Tulsa, OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
Use a 3000 mile Auto RX treatment, it worked for me.

snoranger

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited on 35's
I love the anthrax reference, but i wouldnt worry too much about the ticking.