• Register Today It's free!

tie rods

qtacclia

Reaction score
City, State
louisville, ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport
Thanks to this forum I have replaced upper and lower ball joints, both wheel bearings, sway bar end links, outer tie rods, alignment of course and 4 new tires. I still have two questions. First off before I replaced everything the truck was riding on the rubber bump stop. I am now off the bump stop but still have the moan/groan in the right front when going over a speed bump or something of that nature. Don't understand why unless it is the lower control arm bushings. Lastly I jacked the truck up too look at the pinion seal leaks that I have and noticed the boot on the rack and pinion was wet and so was the cv axle and lower a frame. I noticed play in the right front tire when grabbing it at 3 and 9 and moving it back and forth. The rack is dry everywhere else makes no noise and feels tight at the steering wheel. My question is has any one replaced an inner tie rod? If so how involved a job is it? I bought my 1997 sport 4x4 in April with 150,000 on it. I've put another 10000 on it since, so there is plenty of life left in her. I am also looking for some rear springs as well as i will use this truck to pull my little pop-up. I really like this generation of ex. thanks for the help.

Back