Timberline Badge | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timberline Badge

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Explorer Timberline
Does anyone have Timberline badge part number for the left/right side pillars (not the liftgate)?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone have Timberline badge part number for the left/right side pillars (not the liftgate)?
I haven't had any luck finding those badges even using an Internet search. Perhaps they are still considered to new. Nothing found on the usual parts site either. You might try giving your local parts department a call. Good luck.

Peter

Just out of curiosity - why are you looking for new badges?

Just out of curiosity - why are you looking for new badges?
My sons convinced me that the Explorer would look better “debadged”. I prefer the look, but want to have all the badging available for future resale.

My sons convinced me that the Explorer would look better “debadged”. I prefer the look, but want to have all the badging available for future resale.
If you don't damage them removing, they could be cleaned up and new 3M double sided tape applied to put them back on.

I understand - so I guess after it got debadged they got tossed.
So full disclosure - I mainly asked because I've been thinking about removing the badges since we bought ours earlier this year. Also know that I'm not normally a debadging person - I've never debadged a vehicle before but I'm aware of the practice.
We have a 22 - it's the forged green metallic and of course the normal chrome strip on the bottom side is black. The wheels are black - all of this is common to the Timberline. The only badging on the side is the recessed 'EXPLORER' on the bottom plastic trim that is barely even noticeable. Other than that we have this dark green paint with black accents - all very coordinated - and then this Timberline badge on the side that screams 'look at me!'. I don't consider it an attractive badge and I don't really care if anyone knows that it's a Timberline. I guess you could say that I like the options and the looks better than the branding. I think the side would look better without it.
I have also looked at the orange strip on the front bumper - it comes out easily and can be repainted. The tow hooks can be removed for painting also. The orange isn't my thing. And yes, I've thought about painting the visible parts of the front and rear skid plates black also.
It's purely a matter of taste - what some call accents I guess I find to be distracting from the overall look.
I haven't done it yet - and I may not. Even though all of it is easily done it's not something that really bothers me that much - even though I recognize that it could look at little better - so I'm not that inclined to change it. It's one of those things that you wake up one morning - look at it - and do it.

I found the correct part number and ordered from Levittown Ford.

IMG_7444.jpg

Back