Time for new front rotors....need advice, please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Time for new front rotors....need advice, please

jeepgirl

Reaction score
City, State
Nevada
Year, Model & Trim Level
It is definitely time for new rotors for my 96 2WD, and there seem to be lots of options. I have read the threads about slotted/drilled rotors, and it seems like they are an upgrade, although some have argued that they increase stopping distance?!?!?!
I found this set http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4117wt_1165 and I am wondering if anyone has done business with this seller or has purchased this brand. I know you get what you pay for, but I am not looking for super duper high end rotors. I simply want something a little better than stock that won't get me killed because of some freak rotor failure. Would any of you put these on your daughter's vehicle? If not, what would you use, given that the daughter has a budget.
Thanks!

Napa's premium rotors are impressive (espescially if your on a budget) For the price you cant go wrong...

Personally I wouldn't put them on mine. The price of the pair of those would buy you one name brand slotted rotor. Odds are they use a cheap chinese rotor and machine it as cheaply as they can. If you want a slotted rotor than spend the money on powerslot, or brembo, etc. Or for a regular rotor then look at wagner, or brembo. The house brand rotors are usually cheap chinese junk that will warp the first time you really have to use them.

Back