Time to get my bed back, building my swing out tire carrier... | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Time to get my bed back, building my swing out tire carrier...

do you still drive? i had to go local do to kids and family boys got older and needed me around more. now i have a plant job and just sit and watch monitors all day BORING...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, I too have a 3.5 month old baby boy so my OTR days are long gone. I know the money wasn't the greatest when you do the math of the amount of hours you work but I love driving. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle and I actually miss it alot even with all the B.S. you have to put up with.

I'm looking to go back to school for Welding but might change my mind because all the jobs around here for welding are pipe welders and natural gas pipe welding. I want to get into chassis fabrication and custom welding like that but would have to move either out to Cali or somewhere out there. I would love to move back out to Oregon or Bellingham, Wash. where my family is from but my wife's family are all from Pittsburgh so I'm stuck here.

theres a few welding places down here but not many that pay great or do what your looking for most around here is trailor fab and reconstroction but only 3 places left that i can think of bensons truck bodys was here but there gone now hope you find what your looking for

Not a Yankee by birth or by choice, lol. Just stuck up here. And yeah I'm extremely familiar with 'Shine, very familiar. People up here like to try and put ice in the 'Shine I give them until I smack em in the back of the head. You have to leave it in the sun and drink it warm, just like drinking any whiskey, drink it warm, not refridgerated or with ice in it. That ruins the flavor in my opinion.

my buddy used to be a bartender and he would tell me about how he would get so frustrated every time someone ordered a congac, whiskey, or scotch and asked to get some ice or juice mixed in it. i like my whiskey straight in a glass, unless im pouring it in a cup of coffee.

Hugh, I was born in the hottest place in the U.S., Yuma, Az. and you can't get much more south then that. And yes Az. was part of the Confederate states at one time.

Haha, I'm just playing around. Everyone knows the best shine comes from Jawga, though. :chug: [Insert Dukes of Hazzard theme here]

To be fair Lono, if I'm offered a cheap whiskey, I put it on ice. Good whiskey: straight every time, and enjoyed slowly.

:chug:

Back to topic, new pics...
(dead links)

These tires are Freakin' awesome in the snow, they clean out instantly, dig into the snow and the siping does a great job on the ice.

As for the handling, it helps weigh the ass down some for better traction. No sway or fish tailin'.

Brrrrr, those snow pics just make me cold! I couldn't stand it up there! It cold enough here in NC !

(dead links)

So alot of you wanted to see a better picture of the design for my swing out tire carrier. You can't get a better picture and or angles then these. The 3/8" angled steel mounting plates are welded directly to the body lift bumper brackets so I could remove if needed.

And if I ever wanted to sell this I could just sell it to another member that has or is doing a body lift... you would just need to notch the plastic reinforcement and cover and I could include the notched step pads...

(dead links)

(dead links)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm debating on which mod to do to my tire carrier. I only have room for one of them. What do ya'll think?

jnvmv_zpsdfd566c7.jpg
ROE-PAXBRACKET-2_zps77d2a2a3.jpg

Back