Time to part company!

ianmoffat

Reaction score
City, State
Bristol
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Explorer
Hi everyone.
I've had my 98 Explorer for 8 years and it has been, and still is, mega reliable. As I live only 25 minutes from Justin, who has expertly maintained it for that time, I'm knackered now that he is working for someone else! I have always been an enthusiast but I'm no mechanic!
I desperately don't want to scrap Dora but they are a real niche market these days! So, everything works, LPG conversion, MOT until November? Anyone interested?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi,
I maybe! How much are you looking for? And how many miles has she done?
You don't want a jeep cherokee 2.5 diesel do you?? Lol
Nik

Hi Nik
The car has done 140,000 but the engine was replaced at 86000 with a low mileage engine. There is no rattling from the chains!
I see that there are 3 Explorers in Autotrader from £1000 to £3500. I would only look to get £1000, although none of those others have an LPG conversion!
As for the Jeep, no thanks!
Ian

Cheers Ian,

Is the LPG conversion multipoint? And is it the standard, XLT or north face?

Cheers
Nik

hi Nik
It's a multipoint system for the gas. It was installed by a company called Greenfuel near Bath and is a BRC system. It's been very reliable.
The car is a standard model. No heated seats I'm afraid!
Ian

Hi,
I'm sort of looking for a north face but if I can't find one I like and you've still got yours I'll be interested. How much of a hurry are you in to sell her?
Nik

Couple of other pointers. Tyres are good. They are General Grabbers and have been on for 20000 miles, so lots left on them. it's blue in colour and I bought it privately from it's original owner (who still looks enviously at it despite replacing it with a Lexus 400!)
No desperate hurry but it will be taking up space so it will become an issue eveuntually.

Back