Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

Thanks! Just out of curiosity - did your window sticker update with the new date prior to going into production?

I'm hoping mine actually got built last week and the sticker will update at any moment to reflect that! :)

I just checked my window sticker & it's still showing a build date of 11-5-12, so it didn't update. Just think of it as a nice surprise if yours goes into early production like mine. Fingers crossed for ya!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I confirmed you’re only a few days away, Nola20. :thumbsup:

Cory[/QUOTE]

Whoop, whoop...thanks Cory!

Nola20,
Where is the build date located at on the window sticker? Is it the date at the very bottom? If so, mine changes to the current date every day. Delivery is supposed to be 11-11-12, but it's changed a few times already. This is a very long waiting process..

Nola20,
Where is the build date located at on the window sticker? Is it the date at the very bottom? If so, mine changes to the current date every day. Delivery is supposed to be 11-11-12, but it's changed a few times already. This is a very long waiting process..

It's at the bottom right directly below the star ratings under the blue line. Mine reads 120121105 & it has a few other numbers after the date. Mine has not changed. Haha.....yes, the process does begin to feel very long especially when others have started to get their sports in. I just hope it's everything I was hoping for!

yes, the process does begin to feel very long especially when others have started to get their sports in. I just hope it's everything I was hoping for!

Soooooon.... very soooooon :) It's so worth the wait!

Most definitely worth the wait. Picked mine up last night!!!

Soooooon.... very soooooon :) It's so worth the wait!

Happy to hear that! I finally broke down & went to get a rental car. The first one had mold growing in it. They upgraded me & gave me a discounted rate on a Hyundai Santa Fe that feels like its going to turn over when you take an off ramp (haha). I am so ready to have my own vehicle again. I read a few of your posts & it sounds like you are really enjoying the sport!

Happy to hear that! I finally broke down & went to get a rental car. The first one had mold growing in it. They upgraded me & gave me a discounted rate on a Hyundai Santa Fe that feels like its going to turn over when you take an off ramp (haha). I am so ready to have my own vehicle again. I read a few of your posts & it sounds like you are really enjoying the sport!

NO YARIS?!?! Bummer!!!

I might be in a rental car again... My Sport broke last night.

I think a fitting between the turbo and the intake manifold came loose. I heard a loud PSHHHHH (like a *****in' blow off valve) and then I had hissing when the turbos spooled, and no boost.

At the dealer now getting looked at. As long as none of the pipes/tubes split or cracked I should be back in it before the end of today, but if not I could be checkin' out another Yaris :)

Funny I hit submit, and they called at the exact same time to tell me the car is ready for pickup.... a fitting came loose on the turbo side (as I expected)... quick fix, no problems!

NO YARIS?!?! Bummer!!!

I think a fitting between the turbo and the intake manifold came loose. I heard a loud PSHHHHH (like a *****in' blow off valve) and then I had hissing when the turbos spooled, and no boost.

At the dealer now getting looked at. As long as none of the pipes/tubes split or cracked I should be back in it before the end of today, but if not I could be checkin' out another Yaris :)

I know you were just yearning for a Yaris again. Glad they got it all fixed up. Hopefully thats the last of the problems.

Aww, did I tell you how jealous I am of all those happy Explorer owners?

On a side note, that new 2013 Fusion don't look half bad :)

NO YARIS?!?! Bummer!!!

Wow, drama. Glad it wasnt serious! Were you slamming the gas?

I know you were just yearning for a Yaris again. Glad they got it all fixed up. Hopefully thats the last of the problems.

Aww, did I tell you how jealous I am of all those happy Explorer owners?

On a side note, that new 2013 Fusion don't look half bad :)

I drove the 13 Fusion yesterday as I was getting the sealant/protector applied to my sport. It's a nice ride and the engine actually sounds great when you hit the gas, but it feels like being in a straight jacket after riding in my sport for a few weeks...claustrophobic.

It's at the bottom right directly below the star ratings under the blue line. Mine reads 120121105 & it has a few other numbers after the date. Mine has not changed. Haha.....yes, the process does begin to feel very long especially when others have started to get their sports in. I just hope it's everything I was hoping for!

so if mine reads 120121114 does that mean that my build date is 11/14? Is there a way to find out the delivery date?

so if mine reads 120121114 does that mean that my build date is 11/14? Is there a way to find out the delivery date?

That is exactly what that means. Mine was accurate too. Unfortunately there is no way to really track the delivery date. Cory can check it somewhat so make sure you check in with him.
My dealer called about a week before it was actually delivered and told me it would be delivered the week of Nov. 5th. I checked with Cory on the 5th and he said it showed no movement. About an hour later, the dealer called me and said it had been delivered that same morning. I picked it up that afternoon.

That's what mine says as well. I ordered in early July, and it looks like you ordered three months later.

new to the forum, and actually a first time ford owner. just ordered my explorer on saturday. Ingot Silver Limited EcoBoost 301a package. Anxious as hell to get it in. They said 8-12 weeks, does that sound about right?? I was reading some people on here saying it took up to 4 months?

i hope they are wrong

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

new to the forum, and actually a first time ford owner. just ordered my explorer on saturday. Ingot Silver Limited EcoBoost 301a package. Anxious as hell to get it in. They said 8-12 weeks, does that sound about right?? I was reading some people on here saying it took up to 4 months?

When the MY13 came out, some people had a wait. Those of us that pre-ordered the sport had a bit of a wait depending on when it was ordered. That was only because they didn't go into production until September and some ordered in June when the pre-order became available. My Sport was 8 days shy of 3 months from order to delivery. Of course it seemed like 6 month :)

I think typical times are around 6 weeks but they tell you 8-12 because it could get hung up and take that long. Depends on options, parts availability, delivery times, etc...

Back