Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

The dealer called and said mine made it in this morning. I had someone offer to buy my Venza at the last minute so I wont be trading it in. I hope this sell moves quickly so I can pick up my Sport. I made it to the dealer to see it tonight after hours but I could not find it. I must have looked in 50 garage bays trying to catch a glimpse. I just want to see my Sienna interior in person cause this was the only thing I was not sure about.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

congrats...now where is mine LOL

The dealer called and said mine made it in this morning. I had someone offer to buy my Venza at the last minute so I wont be trading it in. I hope this sell moves quickly so I can pick up my Sport. I made it to the dealer to see it tonight after hours but I could not find it. I must have looked in 50 garage bays trying to catch a glimpse. I just want to see my Sienna interior in person cause this was the only thing I was not sure about.

I ordered the Sienna also. Sometime's you just have to live on the edge. truth is the first time I saw it I loved it. My wife not so much, but after a second look She would have nothing else.;)

Awesome news, Mdanielswv18! I know that you and your Explorer are going to have fun adventuring together. Don't forget to post pics so we can admire your new ride!

Crystal

I am calling my dealer to see what I need to do my car has been sitting for 10 day's not shipped. I saw an another Enclave that would work for me that I can have right now. Since Ford has no urgency on a car ordered 10/31
I ordered a jeep Wrangler on on 11/10 it just came in

I am calling my dealer to see what I need to do my car has been sitting for 10 day's not shipped. I saw an another Enclave that would work for me that I can have right now. Since Ford has no urgency on a car ordered 10/31

I feel your pain Sciond:( I ordered mine on 10/25/12 and just got my VIN yesterday. I am a ford loyalist. But there order system leaves something to be desired.:roll:

I feel your pain Sciond:( I ordered mine on 10/25/12 and just got my VIN yesterday. I am a ford loyalist. But there order system leaves something to be desired.:roll:

Hey folks,

I know waiting is frustrating. Reaching out to your dealerships is a good idea; they may have access to additional information that I can't see in my tracker. I'm sure you'll get some good news soon.

Crystal

I pickedup my Sport on Friday. I installed my Husky liners and tinted my front windows along with a windshield strip on Saturday mornng. We drove about 300 miles over the weekend and I have to say I am really impressed. This is the nicest car I have owned. It drives great, the technology is great, and the power of the ecoboost is amazing. My only complaint so far is smelling the exhaust or burning smell coming into the cabin. Ive read the other posts on the forum about it but I am going to wait a few more miles to see if it goes away before I take it in.

congrats my was due today but Ford never shipped it.Dealer will know tomorrow if it actually shipped today. Based on Ford's track record I am betting not. Since there is no other Sports to be had I have a Durango lined up as a back up ready for delivery...too bad
Btw nothing is worht this wait especiall0y when it was built 12/04

Hang in there Sciond. It will be worth the wait. The Ex is way nicer than the Durango in my opinion.

Hang in there Sciond. It will be worth the wait. The Ex is way nicer than the Durango in my opinion.
agree 100%
the problem is the tax credit if they miss the deadline
plan C is another Enclave as mine is getting serviced today and they have a few....just wish someone did not screw the pooch on my car

I pickedup my Sport on Friday. I installed my Husky liners and tinted my front windows along with a windshield strip on Saturday mornng. We drove about 300 miles over the weekend and I have to say I am really impressed. This is the nicest car I have owned. It drives great, the technology is great, and the power of the ecoboost is amazing. My only complaint so far is smelling the exhaust or burning smell coming into the cabin. Ive read the other posts on the forum about it but I am going to wait a few more miles to see if it goes away before I take it in.

Congrats on picking up your Explorer! Let me know when you're ready to take it in to get that exhaust smell addressed; I'll be happy to get your case escalated and addressed by your regional customer service manager.

Crystal

Just got off the phone with Ford there is a stop ship on the Explorer mine will not be delivered until February. My advice is nobody should order an Sport until they straighten these problems. There seems to be a problem they discovered with these vehicles an so buyer beware.

Just got off the phone with Ford there is a stop ship on the Explorer mine will not be delivered until February. My advice is nobody should order an Sport until they straighten thes4es problems. There seems to be a problem they discovered with these vehicles an so buyer beware.

What was your phone source ?
OH Crystal ?? better confirm or refute this rumor but quick.

What was your phone source ?
OH Crystal ?? better confirm or refute this rumor but quick.
Called Ford customer service line spoke a person there named Wendel and this it what I was told. This is not a rumor which it was.

additionally the sad part was I was told they will do nothing for me as an unhappy customer at all because I am not their customer as it is a wholesale relationship..meaning they sell to the dealer. They could not move this car along nor would they try to

We better get some answers on this one pretty soon. Maybe there is more to that smell coming from my brand new Sport? I set up an appointment to take mine in on Thursday. Any more information on the stop ship??? I just spent a little over 40K on my new vehicle and would like to know if it is safe to drive or not.

We better get some answers on this one pretty soon. Maybe there is more to that smell coming from my brand new Sport? I set up an appointment to take mine in on Thursday. Any more information on the stop ship??? I just spent a little over 40K on my new vehicle and would like to know if it is safe to drive or not.
They did not tell me exactly why it was stop shipped so I can't say anything on safety

Hi everyone,

We have confirmed with our quality manager at Chicago Assembly where the Explorer and Explorer Sport are built that there are no vehicles being held on any Stop Ships. Explorer Sport manufacturing is going to plan and the quality of the units is excellent.

That said, demand for Explorer Sport has been extremely high, and we do have a back log of orders. We’re building at capacity in Chicago to fulfill demand for Explorer Sport as soon as possible, but the back log of orders may extend the typical 6-8 week order fulfillment time.

I'm happy to continue tracking your orders for you; send me a PM with your order number/dealer name or VIN and I'll give you weekly updates.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks for the update. That makes me feel better. I love my Sport so far!

Back