Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

Owernership of a New Explorer Sport let me fill you in on a few facts:
First I ordered my Sport June 8th of 2012. Believe me Fords System is really a MESS, anyway, I recieved my new Ford Explorer Sport NOVEMVER 30th of 2012 at 6:00 PM.
Second at 10:30 AM ( 16 or so hours later ) December 1st it was on a ROLLBACK headed back to Ford. And regretefully when I called my Dealer they thought I was Kidding with them that the thing was sitting beside the Interstate after it went up in a PUFF of SMOKE!!!!

By the way at the Chicago plant they forgot to tighten the clamps on a few hoses, and it was built on November 11th it's a Monday Car.

This whole thing has been a Disaster and the Great thing about it No One Really Cares.
But they Got My $50 Grand....

Enjoy your rides.
Terry Burnette

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

13 Sport Plunge!

Hello,

New here first post.
I too have taken the plunge! Ordered a 13 Sport on Friday, 14 December.
Was told 10 weeks or so for delivery.
I ordered the White, Char BLK/Sienna/ interior, 402A, moon roof, tow pkg, 2nd row buckets, roof rack xbars, mud guards. :usa:
Hope it's as good or better than my 06!

Ed

Hello,

New here first post.
I too have taken the plunge! Ordered a 13 Sport on Friday, 14 December.
Was told 10 weeks or so for delivery.
I ordered the White, Char BLK/Sienna/ interior, 402A, moon roof, tow pkg, 2nd row buckets, roof rack xbars, mud guards. :usa:
Hope it's as good or better than my 06!

Ed

Welcome to the Sport Club! If you send Crystal a PM with your order number & dealer info she can help keep you in the loop on the order process. I have had mine a little over a month & it was totally worth the wait!

Welcome to the Sport Club! If you send Crystal a PM with your order number & dealer info she can help keep you in the loop on the order process. I have had mine a little over a month & it was totally worth the wait!

Thanks NOLA...

I sent in a PM and I'm still in the ordering process since 14 DEC. I don't expect much movement until after the 1st of January. Should be around March 1st or so! Can't wait!

Ed

Ordered 8/28
Vin 10/25
Build 11/30
Pick up 12/21

Long hard wait but worth every minute of it. Big thanks to Cory and Crystal for the updates. Quick question for the ones who have their Sport which grade fuel are y'all using?

Ordered 8/28
Vin 10/25
Build 11/30
Pick up 12/21

Long hard wait but worth every minute of it. Big thanks to Cory and Crystal for the updates. Quick question for the ones who have their Sport which grade fuel are y'all using?

I'd like to hear others observations on fuel octane choices too.

Ed

We're using '87. Gas mileage in the city is not as published - we are seeing 13-16 in City and 21 -22 highway. So the sport engine really shines on the highway. I've been waiting for a pure road trip to get an accurate highway mileage.

To be fair, we live in the beach cities and there is a stop sign almost on every corner, so its pretty tough on gas mileage, but still much better than my expedition..

The other item for consideration, this engine begs to be driven as it was intended, pretty fun, can't beat the acceleration.

Ordered 8/28
Vin 10/25
Build 11/30
Pick up 12/21

Thanks for the shout-out, Nola20 and Mizzkit! :D

Thanks NOLA...

I sent in a PM and I'm still in the ordering process since 14 DEC. I don't expect much movement until after the 1st of January. Should be around March 1st or so! Can't wait!

Ed

Hey Ed!

As I know you're aware, I'm happy to give you weekly updates. I know the waiting is the hardest part, but maybe regular status reports will make that time go a little faster.

Have a great day!

Crystal

Thanks for the shout-out, Nola20 and Mizzkit! :D

Hey Ed!

As I know you're aware, I'm happy to give you weekly updates. I know the waiting is the hardest part, but maybe regular status reports will make that time go a little faster.

Have a great day!

Crystal

Thanks again Crystal,

Glad I found this site. I'm sure it will only enhance the ownership experience!

Ed

I've had my Sport for 2 weeks now, and love it! I came from a Cobb stage 2+ (~425hp) BMW 335i sedan. I've had a lot of cars, but it's been a while since my last Ford (1989 5.0 LX, a built 91 5.0 GT, 2003 10th anniversary Cobra)... I'm so impressed by my Sport. We also own a 2012 MDX and the X kicks its ass in every category (durability will have to wait, but I'm not concerned)... I run 93 in it all the time, and I plan on running a tune and supporting mods ASAP!

ordered 10/31 delivered 12/28

I've had my Sport for 2 weeks now, and love it! I came from a Cobb stage 2+ (~425hp) BMW 335i sedan. I've had a lot of cars, but it's been a while since my last Ford (1989 5.0 LX, a built 91 5.0 GT, 2003 10th anniversary Cobra)... I'm so impressed by my Sport. We also own a 2012 MDX and the X kicks its ass in every category (durability will have to wait, but I'm not concerned)... I run 93 in it all the time, and I plan on running a tune and supporting mods ASAP!

It's nice to hear your thoughts on the X vs MDX. I was contemplating an MDX, but when I looked at the features & price the X by far in my opinion was the better value for the price. The options on the X by far were better than almost all the SUV's I looked at. I am very happy with my Sport & love to hear wow this is a Ford they have done a great job.

What are you guys paying for the Sport? Lease wise. I am currently trying to negotiate one but i am curious to see what others are paying. Any info would be appreciated, thanks

Sport Lease

What are you guys paying for the Sport? Lease wise. I am currently trying to negotiate one but i am curious to see what others are paying. Any info would be appreciated, thanks

After some tough negotiating, I got mine for $400 down (includes ALL fees) and $445/month for 39 months. I think I got a pretty good deal, but feel like I left a little bit on the table. Maybe $10/mo or so. but this was by far the best deal out there when I was shopping. Everyone else was around $480-$500/mo on a $0 down lease. Hope that helps.

DR

Nice, thanks. What was the MSRP on yours? I am in the 460 range including taxes on a 47765 MSRP, 0 down. But seems dealers are not willing to move much on these because of limited quantities in my area. I am assuming they are just selling them to people walking in saying yea ill take it for 500 a month and 3000 down. I have negotiated with several dealers and they all just seem like they dont want to sell it. I get the typical " I can get you into a limited or def a loaded xlt". Might have to make the switch to a Grand Cherokee Limited.

Sport

Cobb, how does your Sports acceleration compare to the BMW? Wife currently has a 328 and i was assuming, although 2 completely different vehicles, that the sport may move almost as well as hers.

Sorry TOS_XSport, the Cobb got stuck in my head.

Cobb, how does your Sports acceleration compare to the BMW? Wife currently has a 328 and i was assuming, although 2 completely different vehicles, that the sport may move almost as well as hers.

Jbrewha74,

Stock vs stock they're pretty close in acceleration, but once the 335 was tuned... That car was transformed. Plus, it's a lot lighter than the Sport. Two very different vehicles, but I like the flexibility that the Sport provides and it is still fun to drive. The 335 was small and was RWD...

I've driven a 328 before, and I'm almost certain the Sport is decently faster, but definitely not as nimble.

Picked up my Sport last night, was at the friggin dealer for 7 hours. $425 a month, out of pocket $850 taxes and first months payment. $47895 MSRP. I think i got a pretty good deal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Maybe i am just not used to it yet, but the acceleration pulls my steering wheel to one side, do i just have to get used to it because im coming out of an xlt? Stepped on the gas and it pulled me into another lane

Back