Timing chain PN for replacement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timing chain PN for replacement

Nice! cant wait to see the finished product! also hope you find that socket before it becomes a projectile... ask me how i know that lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice! cant wait to see the finished product! also hope you find that socket before it becomes a projectile... ask me how i know that lol
It more than likely fell and rolled under a cabinet or something. I took a magnet and went into every nook and crannie on the frame couldn't find it

good... we dont need anything else to happen rn... also hope u have a backup set lol

I lost a 1/4” drive 13mm 6pt last month, removing the original rear shocks from the upper mounts. It somehow came off the drive and went flying up there. I looked around with a light, magnet, you name it. Gone.

These things eat tools...

I lost a 1/4” drive 13mm 6pt last month, removing the original rear shocks from the upper mounts. It somehow came off the drive and went flying up there. I looked around with a light, magnet, you name it. Gone.

These things eat tools...
LMAO

a few parts of my own should come later today... i plan to do the job over summer... the oil is coming in a week, but the filter isn't coming will the end of may??? i ordered from the same place, so oil is prioritized over the filter?? but anyways ill probably post some updates here over summer as i do it, although @Sandman92 would probably have finished his build by then...

a few parts of my own should come later today... i plan to do the job over summer... the oil is coming in a week, but the filter isn't coming will the end of may??? i ordered from the same place, so oil is prioritized over the filter?? but anyways ill probably post some updates here over summer as i do it, although @Sandman92 would probably have finished his build by then...
If you're wanting a motorcraft filter most auto parts stores carry those.

ill call them but in the past this place doesn't pick up calls but they have low prices... ill try later today...

i called twice and they didnt pick up... ill just wait till mid may its not like i need it till beginning of June anyways...:dunno: :banghead:

Well I'm deciding to do the head gaskets and I have to say I'm not a huge fan of these torx ends on the head bolts. I got one side off, still one to go. What's the best way to clean aluminium?

Attachments

• 20200421_202024.jpg
    20200421_202024.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 20200421_202012.jpg
    20200421_202012.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20200421_201850.jpg
    20200421_201850.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 60

for me i use rubbing alcohol, but since its unavailable, i use my denatured alcohol, i still have 2 gallons i never used lol

I got the motor in and back together. To my surprise there is still a knocking sound. How long does it usually take to purge the tensioners? I never heard this motor run so it could have internal damage I wasn't aware about.

About 1.5 sec on startup
Yeah I have something going on. It sounds like it's from the drivers side and sounds like a chain rattle. I'm guessing either low oil pressure or a bad tensioner.

Bad tensioner
try your old one if it's not damaged

Well I think it was the tensioner. I had another one, I read online to prime it in oil. Doing this made it rock hard and it pulled the threads in the head!... I have another motor I can rob a head off of. Is it possible to replace the head in the vehicle or is it e gine out again? It's the drivers side head...
Bad tensioner
try your old one if it's not damaged

So after composing myself after wanting to punch a hole through the door it seems like I'll be ok. It looks like using the tool the cam should keep time and I can pull this head with it in the truck. Looking at parts is just a head gasket and head bolts and a cam bolt.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I think it was the tensioner. I had another one, I read online to prime it in oil. Doing this made it rock hard and it pulled the threads in the head!... I have another motor I can rob a head off of. Is it possible to replace the head in the vehicle or is it e gine out again? It's the drivers side head...
if it's the primary tensioner, you can keep the engine in... that's my summer project, it will probably be a few weeks, but i'll probably make it a few months replacing junk i don't have to...

Back