Timing chain replacement on 06-10 v8's. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Timing chain replacement on 06-10 v8's.

Explorer_PL

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
06EB V8
What is the recommended mileage to replace the timing chain on the v8's ?
Also, do the valves interfere with piston if the chain fails ?

Anybody has done that, and what is the $$$$ ?

Probably at the same time you would do the water pump and the chain guides.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Timing chains are designed to last life of engine, therefore no scheduled replacement.

Wooohoooo :)

Great news, thanks.

I think I've heard of people on this board replacing the chain guides if they were already digging in to the engine for something else.

I think when the guides are worn out and the chain starts making noise, then you would do it.

I am gonna pull my passenger side head because of broken exhaust studs. anybody have directions pictures or advice. thanks

Timing chains are designed to last life of engine, therefore no scheduled replacement.

Interestingly though, the life of the engine is often determined by the life of the timing chain.....

I'm not a big fan of timing chains on overhead cam engines.. they are a pain in the ass.

Interestingly though, the life of the engine is often determined by the life of the timing chain.....

I'm not a big fan of timing chains on overhead cam engines.. they are a pain in the ass.

I prefer timing chain over timing belt always. I've never had to replace a timing chain.

Back