Tinted front glass

Explore10FL

'10 Silverback gorilla
Reaction score
City, State
Orange Springs, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer XLT
I just had the tint on the driver and passenger windows, along with the windshield strip installed Friday. In conclusion the tint looks great both inside my X and outside of it. The front strip brings it all together.imo Definitely a must living here in the Sunshine State.

20220409_190008.jpg 20220409_185929.jpg 20220410_174325.jpg 20220410_174352.jpg 20220409_185959.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice job!!! looks really good! and nice dog!!! ;):D

nice job!!! looks really good! and nice dog!!! ;):D
Thanks, yeah Chance really is a nice ole dog. The tint will be worth it weight in gold once summer really hits and Chance approves also.

oh yeah, here in SoCal at least tint is a must!!!! cant live without it :D

Tint is mandatory on all my vehicles.

My first "it's all mine" car, my 92 Paseo, had tint before it had plates on it.

My 96 Explorer had tint within a few weeks of getting it.

My parent's 01 Toyota Avalon that I was using, had tint within a few weeks.

My first car I ever bought last week, at the age of 50, a 08 Honda Accord coupe with 52K, will have tint within three weeks.

oh yeah, here in SoCal at least tint is a must!!!! cant live without it :D

Surely living in the other sunshine state you know the value of quality tint and installer. This fella tints all the service trucks in our fleet at work and most of the employees vehicles.

Tint is mandatory on all my vehicles.

My first "it's all mine" car, my 92 Paseo, had tint before it had plates on it.

My 96 Explorer had tint within a few weeks of getting it.

My parent's 01 Toyota Avalon that I was using, had tint within a few weeks.

My first car I ever bought last week, at the age of 50, a 08 Honda Accord coupe with 52K, will have tint within three weeks.

I've tinted most all of my vehicles, but have not tinted my civic yet and it's black, so i should have done it within days of purchase. It is next though, probably in May. I've tried to talk to my dad about tinting his Silverado, but haven't seen any results. But my mother's '13 Edge will make a visit now that she seen the front strip on my Explorer. Tint makes everything better, at least during the day.

Surely living in the other sunshine state you know the value of quality tint and installer. This fella tints all the service trucks in our fleet at work and most of the employees vehicles.
yep!!!! for me, i did it myself last time, and it turned out pretty good imo, only a few specks... pretty good considering the $$ i saved... but the specks still bug me!!!! :D oh well, guess we cant all be joe dirt;):banghead: Joe Dirt's 2000 Ex-El-Tee "Deuce"

How do you guys in Cali get away with tinted front windows? It's illegal in Cali and I've been stopped driving someone else's vehicle for just that... having the drivers side window tinted... they had bought the door to replace a damaged one and it happened to have tinted glass... chp said it's illegal...

ive got 50% whuch iirc is below the legal limit but aint that dark. havent been stopped for it before and i see tons of vehicles with real dark ones here. the darkest ones seem to be: teenager owned behicles, and suvs with high status value like some caddy. no one seems to bat much an eye here. 😂

Yeah, I wish I could tint mine but I don't like to give them any reason to get involved in my life... and I see lots of other vehicles with super dark tinted windows so I don't know what the issue is... guess I just had the a**hole of the squad that day...

Yeah, I wish I could tint mine but I don't like to give them any reason to get involved in my life... and I see lots of other vehicles with super dark tinted windows so I don't know what the issue is... guess I just had the a**hole of the squad that day...
i mean what happens if ya tint rhe legal limit? i mean are there other mods on ya rig? make it look like youre of high status and they probably wouldnt bother 😂 or the officer was in a real bad mood that day, maybe got his donut swapped with a bagel 😂

..... make it look like youre of high status and they probably wouldnt bother.....
I submit if you drive a gen 2 Explorer you're already of high status! 😂

Around here the legal limit is 30 percent, which I have, but it's still illegal when added to the factory tint. Never been stopped though.
Guess I look high status in my hot rod Sports....
😂

I submit if you drive a gen 2 Explorer you're already of high status! 😂

Around here the legal limit is 30 percent, which I have, but it's still illegal when added to the factory tint. Never been stopped though.
Guess I look high status in my hot rod Sports....
😂
well to us, yeah!!! i mean we put our work into these!!!!

but to most, aka the 99% of people who dont know their rigs, especially the bimmer, rover, etc people, all seem to run super dark tint and have status.

well to me you do!!!!! but it seems like the vast majority of illegal tinters are status and young drivers. other than that, its the few like ya ;) though imo your X has status to me!

In most states, any non-factory tint below the AS1 line is illegal. For SUVs, you can generally go pretty dark on the rear and hatch windows, but the driver and passenger windows can’t be very dark.

I was a cop for a very short period of time, and I’ll be the first to say that a lot of them are hypocrites. Many cops tint the **** out of their cars so no one can see them in uniform driving to/from work—it’s for safety, to prevent from being targeted. Fine, makes sense—but then they’d go write a guy for illegal tints. Dick move, IMO—unless the guy is a genuine scumbag and deserves a package deal!

I just wore a jacket as a ‘cover’, problem solved.

Anyway, I don’t tint my vehicles. Wish I could, as the leather gets hotter than **** during the summer, but it just isn’t worth the hassle. I drive like a grandpa, and I don’t need to give them a reason to stop me.

Back