• Register Today It's free!

Tire chains?

Boomyal

Reaction score
City, State
Vancouver, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Explorer Ltd
Can you run them on a 2006 V8 4x4? I hear all kinds of things about different tire sizes and I don't know if chains would make a difference.

You can (most chains are not designed to be driven over 25 MPH so no big deal under that speed), but why... I just don't understand your question? You have 4x4 and that usually keeps you in compliance with local regulations.

....... but why... I just don't understand your question? You have 4x4 and that usually keeps you in compliance with local regulations.......

FG,I don't plan on using them but there are certain conditions, in certain areas around here in Oregon and Washington where CHAINS ARE REQUIRED. I have even been asked before if I had them with me, in case conditions required them when coming back down the ski mountain.

In last weeks snow storm (8-12") the few times I went out I just motored around all the people who were slipping and sliding. I like to keep a set of chains on board, just in case.

I've carried chains in my '94 Suburban for 18 years and never used them but I will take them down to the local mega tire dealer and they will exchange them (being unused) for ones that will fit the Explorer.

Back