• Register Today It's free!

Tire feed back

thannon

Reaction score
City, State
Dinwiddie VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer xlt
ok so today i fifted my 98 xlt explo and tomorrow i was thinking of ordering tires... the tires i want are super swamper truxs the sand tire ones... jw if any one out there was runing this tire if so let me kno about how u like it and how it handles...THANKS:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any one any one any one soooo no ones runing theis tires?????

dude, give it some time.

check back tomorrow, you may have an answer or two

in the meantime, have you done a thorough search of the forum?

Are you talking about the sts? The smallest you can get it is in a 33x13.50 which would be way to big for the tt/shackles you have planned. You'll need a body lift, different wheels and a lot of trimming for something that wide.

http://4wheelonline.com/SuperSwamperTrXusSTSTires.1762.136688

Not according to that site. You can get a 31x11.5 which may fit with a little trimming of the plastic molding. It would probably look pretty good too, if the OP only wants to go 31s.

Are you talking about the sts? The smallest you can get it is in a 33x13.50 which would be way to big for the tt/shackles you have planned. You'll need a body lift, different wheels and a lot of trimming for something that wide.

ya the sts and you can order that in a 29x10.50 or the one im plannen on the 31x11.50...

and i got brand new 15in dick ce peck wheeles siten in the garage

yeah ppl say they dont wear good that they go bald quick soo i.d.k!

yeah ppl say they dont wear good that they go bald quick soo i.d.k!

i haven't heard very good things about that tire, but i don't remember exactly what people have said, except a guy with a bronco had them in 36s (i think) and said traction was bad and they wore fast.

Almost all Intercos will wear pretty quickly on the street. Just get some BFG A/Ts or M/Ts and be done with it.

Almost all Intercos will wear pretty quickly on the street. Just get some BFG A/Ts or M/Ts and be done with it.

I'm going to agree with BFG ATs. They perform pretty well, last a long time, and are cheaper than most mud terrains. They are going to be my next set of tires for the Explorer, in 33x12.5. You can get them in 31x10.5 and mount them on an 8 or 9 inch rim to make them look a little wider. Or even some mild wheel spacers.

True True ive thought of the bfg a/t but the more i look at em the more i talk my self out of em... soo any other a/t any one would recomend or a good sand tire... thanks

Back