Tire pressure monitor fault & key fob | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire pressure monitor fault & key fob

dmlns1092

Reaction score
City, State
VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer
I have a 2013 Explorer base. On the way to work the message "tire pressure monitor fault" appeared on the message display. All my tires are fully inflated so I don't know the cause.

Additionally, when I parked it after seeing the message, my key fob stopped working. I checked both keys thinking it was the battery.

Two weeks ago I installed Philips LED daytime running lamps which are plug and play. I did not tap into existing lighting or wires. I know I have to bring it to the dealer but any thoughts on whether additional lighting may have voided my warranty or been the cause of my issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2013 Explorer base. On the way to work the message "tire pressure monitor fault" appeared on the message display. All my tires are fully inflated so I don't know the cause.

Additionally, when I parked it after seeing the message, my key fob stopped working. I checked both keys thinking it was the battery.

Two weeks ago I installed Philips LED daytime running lamps which are plug and play. I did not tap into existing lighting or wires. I know I have to bring it to the dealer but any thoughts on whether additional lighting may have voided my warranty or been the cause of my issues?

I doubt adding the lights would affect the physical FOB itself. There was another member who had the TPMS fault come on and it turned out to be a faulty sensor.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370376&highlight=TPMS

Peter

Hi dmlns1092,

Aftermarket parts typically only void your warranty if they cause a Ford part to fail. Let me know what you hear from your dealership; keep in mind that I'm here to assist as well. If you'd like me to step in, send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name.

Crystal

Finally took it in to the dealer. The BCM went bad causing the key fob to stop working as well as the TPMS failure.

Can you provide me with the item model of the Philips DRL.

Thanks

I installed the Philips DRL 4 led light set. Super easy to install.

93d6c028-e656-43c6-a06f-c19fb4e73fc4_zps27bafcf6.jpg

I had the same combination of failures -- key fobs + TPMS. Did you ever discover a root cause? I can't get into the dealer for a few days so trying to come up with a work-around for getting into the vehicle, out of it and starting it. Any tricks to making all this work without functioning fobs?

I had the same combination of failures -- key fobs + TPMS. Did you ever discover a root cause? I can't get into the dealer for a few days so trying to come up with a work-around for getting into the vehicle, out of it and starting it. Any tricks to making all this work without functioning fobs?
That's an easy one. Use your Securicode keyless entry keypad. It's all covered in the Owner's Guide.

To lock all doors: Press and hold 7•8 and 9•0 at the same time with the driver door closed. You do not need to enter the keypad code first.
To open just use the 5 digit code.

The fob doesn't have to be anywhere near the vehicle.

Peter

Back