Tire size poll and tire brand ideas | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tire size poll and tire brand ideas

Need to figure out weather I should go to 33 or 35in tires
Have found a brand that I like yet
And also for general info I in the progress of regearing from 3.73
to 488
Suggestion would be great thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you're going to 4.88 gears, you'll do well with 35's.

33's might be better for an on/off road rig or occasional daily use, but generally it seems most people wind up going bigger, so you save a lot of hassle and expense if you just go for the lift and everything planning on 35's.

Depends on cash flow too, some people go with 32-33" if they find a deal on a set, then plan to get 35's and sell off the 32-33's when they find a good deal on the 35's.

I'm running 35 MTR's with 4:10's :thumbsup:

best tire I've run so far, works great in the snow. I've ran BFG's and LTB's but the MTR's by far have been the best.

do you plan to trim the fenders?

i had to trim my fenders a bit (lower rear corners of front fenders especially) to clear 33's on my first gen with 4" lift.

id say 33's, but only because i like to be hard on things, and with 35's your more likely to break.

Right now I'm running 32 all terrain tires and want to do bigger
It's occasional offroader by must of the time on pavement

I have the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS on my Jeep in the 33x12.50-15 plenty of grip off road, but very smooth and quiet on the highway. I got mine from Discount Tire Direct for under $600 for the set after rebate. I highly recommend them! Just as a side note also, this is the same tire as the Falken Wild Peak but the Rocky Mountain is exclusive to Discount tire direct exact same tire though.

Back