• Register Today It's free!

Tire Size Question

1998Explodasport

Reaction score
City, State
Brockton, Ma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I did a search and found the tire size sticky but I am using the stock wheels (16in) and I am curious what some people have put on there 2001-2003 Sport for tire sizes. I want to get the biggest I can on there with the least amount of rubbing for a stock ride height.

I have plans for a small lift but I am not doing that until next year and I need tires ASAP. I don't know if it matters with the rubbing issue but I plan on trying to find an aggressive M/T tire.

I was going to try 265/75/16 = 31.6 x 10.4 or if that's too much

265/70/16 = 30.6 x 10.4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For stock ride height, your best bet is 31s and you should be fine with no worries about rubbing. Just know that if you do lift it next year, the 31s are going to look undersized and you'll probably want new tires again. So maybe get a used pair this time and save yourself some cash till you lift it. Just my 2 cents.

So I should be all set with 265/75/16 on a stock 2001 Sport???

I am very pleased with my 275/70/16 Goodyear Forterra w/Silent Armor Tires!! Stock Height and No Rubbing!!!

I hate to bring back an old thread but I am buying tires tomorrow, has anyone got away with running 275/75/16. I plan on getting an MT tire tomorrow in that size unless someone thinks there will be too much rubbing then I will go with 265/75/16.

Back