• Register Today It's free!

Tire size question.

Derekbrue

Reaction score
City, State
Fredericksburg, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer xls
Alright, so I've got an 02 4x4 4.0 with 95k miles on it I purchased roughly a month ago (it's a wok in progress). Suspension is bone stock for the now. I intend on doing a BTF spacer lift (2.25 F and 1.75 R) in the next couple paychecks, I'm in need of tires and I currently have 16 x 8's with a 0 offset wrapped in 255/70/16's. I was looking to do a set of 265/75/16 Goodyear Duratrac's, my question is if the 265's will clear temporarily until I purchase the lift and if the tire will still look good when I purchase the lift. I've been through the sticky's but can't see anything with my issue. Any help or suggestions is much appreciated.
-Derek

The general consensus is that 265s will clear with no lift at all - being the max size that requires no trimming or any attention to rubbing. 285s with a 3" body lift require a little trimming, and 285s with a 3" body lift and coil spacers need no trimming.

-Dubya

Gotcha, hey thanks man. I just wasn't sure if the lower offset would change the clearance I have now. I appreciate your response. Any opinions on whether a 265/75/16 would look to small with 2.25 And 1.75 spacers?
Regards,
Derek

Back