• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Tire Size

dbugzapper

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Sport 4.0 V6 5spd
What's the largest tire size I can put on my stock 15 inch Alloy wheels on my Explorer. Will a 30X10.5X15 fit in the wheel wells without rubbing? Looking to put on some Mud terrains, and I want to get the most out of the tire size. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

KobeJ05

Reaction score
City, State
Marina, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer 157k miles

dbugzapper

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Sport 4.0 V6 5spd
Wheel Size

So would the 30X10.5 requre some fender trimming at all? The Stock tire size is just a fraction under the 30 inch mark, so I am wondering if I go up in tire size would I need to have adjustments made to the speedometer, etc?

Currency

Reaction score
City, State
Bedford Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT 4x4
235/75R16 or R15 are 29 inches tall but it depends on the brand. Explorers can fit 31x10.5 inch tires with little to no rubbing also depends on tire brand.

94Gexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
port angeles, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 ex
i have 31s on my stock explorer it doesnt rub at all both ways and when flexing but i still have sway bars (thats with bfgs rear wildcats front)

Slowlyvverot

Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 ExElTee
I'm running 31x10.5 super swampers on 15x8 wheels with no lift and they only rub a little at full lock, otherwise they're fine.