• Register Today It's free!

Tire Size

dbugzapper

Reaction score
City, State
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Sport 4.0 V6 5spd
What's the largest tire size I can put on my stock 15 inch Alloy wheels on my Explorer. Will a 30X10.5X15 fit in the wheel wells without rubbing? Looking to put on some Mud terrains, and I want to get the most out of the tire size. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wheel Size

So would the 30X10.5 requre some fender trimming at all? The Stock tire size is just a fraction under the 30 inch mark, so I am wondering if I go up in tire size would I need to have adjustments made to the speedometer, etc?

235/75R16 or R15 are 29 inches tall but it depends on the brand. Explorers can fit 31x10.5 inch tires with little to no rubbing also depends on tire brand.

i have 31s on my stock explorer it doesnt rub at all both ways and when flexing but i still have sway bars (thats with bfgs rear wildcats front)

I'm running 31x10.5 super swampers on 15x8 wheels with no lift and they only rub a little at full lock, otherwise they're fine.

I have a 2nd gen 95 explorer XLT.on the rear I have 31x9.50r15 and on the front I have stock tires.can I put 31x10.50 r15 mud terrains all the way around?

235/75R16 or R15 are 29 inches tall but it depends on the brand. Explorers can fit 31x10.5 inch tires with little to no rubbing also depends on tire brand.
So can I put 31x by 10.5 r15 mud terrains the whole way around

So can I put 31x by 10.5 r15 mud terrains the whole way around
31x10.50s will fit a first gen with minimal to no rubbing. Im not as familiar with fitment on a 2nd gen, but they are very similar in size. I can imagine that they would fit similarly.

A
31x10.50s will fit a first gen with minimal to no rubbing. Im not as familiar with fitment on a 2nd gen, but they are very similar in size. I can imagine that they would fit similarly.
rGht sounds good thank you

I have a 2nd gen 95 explorer XLT.on the rear I have 31x9.50r15 and on the front I have stock tires.can I put 31x10.50 r15 mud terrains all the way around?
Sure they aren’t 30x9.5? 31x9.5 is a goofy size.

31s will fit, you might rub. Adjusting the t bars will help if it does.

I'm running 31x10.5 super swampers on 15x8 wheels with no lift and they only rub a little at full lock, otherwise they're fine.
So I'm getting 31x10.50r15s whole way around.will they fit my 95 explorer.on the rear I have overload shocks and the front is stock for now

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your specific Explorer. If you don’t want to adjust your t bars just get 30x9.5s. or swap your extremely bizarre 31x9.5s on the front and see how they fit.

Maybe, maybe not. Depends on your specific Explorer. If you don’t want to adjust your t bars just get 30x9.5s. or swap your extremely bizarre 31x9.5s on the front and see how they fit.
On the front I have regular BFGs all terrain,on the rear I have 30x9.50 r15s on.i am getting 31x10.50r15s whole way around.will they fit without rubbing.my explorer is a 95 XLT

My reply doesn’t really change. They *might* fit without rubbing. They might not. They will probably rub at full lock under compression, and could possibly rub the fender wells over larger bumps. Every Explorer sits different. Nobody can definitively tell whether or not you’ll rub.

If you had the 31s you claimed above you could test fit.

I had 31x10.5 15" on a stock explorer and they never rubbed in my case.

Back