tire sizes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tire sizes

I know, the subject has been addressed hundreds of times probably. I know what tire sizes Will fit, but i just want to know what tire sizes with TT/shackles only will still perform well without any kind of engine mods.

I want to run the largest possible, i know 33x10.5s can fit with the TT/shackles with slight trimming maybe. But how much gas milage and power im I going to lose?

...Should i go with 31x10.5s, 32x11.5s, or 33x10.5s??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your going to be still rubbing quite a bit without an extreme torsion twist and fender trimming with 33's.

What is your stock gear ratio?

im not completely sure, but about 95% that they are 3.73s. what about rubbing with the 32s?

Almost none with some minor fender trimming. They will still rub on the top of the front fenders but there's really nothing you can do about it.

ok, so if i go with 32s, i will only get rubbing a little bit...

what about loss of gas milage, i get about 14-15 right now. power isnt that big of a deal to me, im not into the racing or speed scene.

With my 3.73's, it is bearable, but it's a PITA when I try accelerate on the highway and it constantly drops out of overdrive. WIth that gearing, unless you do alot of highway driving I recommend manually diabling the O/D when you drive.

Back