Tires for christmas :d | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tires for christmas :d

Nexen MT's. Cheap. Reliable. Lasts a long time. I've had mine for 2 years and they at least have over 60% of tread left! I paid $760 total for rims and tires. Cragar soft 8's for rims 15 inches of pure glory. I think the nexen's were like 92 each at the time.

Image09082010194853.jpg

Image08262010200555.jpg

Image06252011145632-1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

someone wants to trade me his stock 2002 explorer wheels. will they work on my 01 sport trac?? stock 16x7 wheels on mine.

I was supposed to get my Duratracs last week but the deal with the goodyear rep fell thru -.- have to wait till after christmas to afford mine now. Can't wait to get them, Im slipping and sliding on wet pavement with my bald silent armors...

The duratracs are well worth the wait, they are one of the best tires ive ever owned, great road manners (unless towing), great winter tires, and fairly impressive off road, even at 40psi

The duratracs are well worth the wait, they are one of the best tires ive ever owned, great road manners (unless towing), great winter tires, and fairly impressive off road, even at 40psi

Sales lady tried to get me to buy some Kelly Safari's... said they would be a better fit for my truck. Almost puked. Almost insulting really, she said that my truck wouldnt be able to handle the heavy duratracs and i really didnt need them.

i run kelly Safari Tsr tires on my Sport love them very quiet and amazing grip in any conditions imho

newwheels.jpg

IMG00401-20120910-1217.jpg

ohh! sweet roamer! :D I may just take you up on that! I am going to the good year store today to see what I can get for duratracs.

The Explorer rims will fit bolt pattern wise but will have to have 1.5-2" spacers to bring them out to where the ST wheels sit factory. I've seen both the Kelly tires you have mounted and the Nexens, their great tires from guys I've talked to. The DuraTrac's do great in towing from my experience, I tow all the time too, I always run mine at 36psi regardless of towing or not. If you wanna meet up close to or at the hotel, b.s. and get a couple group pictures that'd be cool. My wife doesn't wanna go to far since we'll have Matthew with us.

Nope, truck driver for Royal Oak Recycling in Pittsburgh but the main facility is in Royal Oak, Mi..

Yeah midnight that sounds fine. It is about 30min from my house. how long would you have to screw around. I know kazer doesnt want to hang down there for an hour and then have to leave....

i run kelly Safari Tsr tires on my Sport love them very quiet and amazing grip in any conditions imho

newwheels.jpg

IMG00401-20120910-1217.jpg

Those are sick lookin', but not the ones I was shown in the warehouse. If I was shown those particular Safari's I would've jumped on em! The ones I was offered were more of a street tire.

I'll have to see how things go tonight. Carol's 85 year old Grandma was just rushed down to the E.R. So we might not be going anywhere this weekend. I'll let you know.

Interscope, those are the tsr's I beleive. They are a sick tire, just more expensive than I would like :(

And I am sorry to hear that rebel! My condolences and prayers are with you guys!

They said they're gona keep her for a couple days to run tests and think she had a minor heart attack. Hopefully she pulls through, she's the only thing that holds Carol's family together.

I'll let you know about Saturday whenever I find out.

O.k., back on topic...

I looked at some kelly tires today and didnt like the price. I like the courser axt's from mastercraft as well. I cant get those for 580$ at my local guy. I also a, thinking about the bf goodrich rugged trails as well. The duratracs are too much...:( and those are the ones I wanted to get as well. But the mastercrafts are nice tires. Thanks for all your guys feedback! it really has been helpful!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Try calling one of the online sites and asking them if they can do anything on price, like picking up the tax, or if they have any unadvertised deals. the online tire guys are like car salesman, you just got to het them going. Get a quote, then call another online site amd ask them if theu can beat that price, then call another online site and do the same. Eventually you will bottom them out. When i was buying my duratracs the starting price was 230 per tire. When i got done i was paying 160 per tire with no tax and free shipping. It was about an hours worth of phone calls amd a saving of a few hundred dollars.

Back