TMS, Advanced Track, and Collision Warning Faults RESOLVED! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TMS, Advanced Track, and Collision Warning Faults RESOLVED!

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Several weeks ago, I was turning from an ice covered road onto a highway (45+ MPH). I switched the TMS knob to snow mode and gunned it to hit a gap. The truck performed well enough, but as I was accelerating on the highway, I flipped the TMS back to normal and a short while later the TMS Fault light went on, along with the Service Advanced Track, and Collision Warning system off messages.

Annoyed, I restarted the car several times and eventually the codes cleared.

The problem, is that it happened AGAIN. Same situation, only this time I didn't change the TMS settings. This time, the error codes were just the Advance Track and Collision warning.

I did a vehicle health report and it confirmed the error codes (even though they later cleared).

To make matters worse, my rear climate wasn't working AT ALL, and the A-Pillar rattle STARTED (it wasn't there before).

I called and made an appointment, and my dealer put his best mechanic and another mechanic on it for the better part of 2.5 days. All the while they were talking with Ford. The service manager was great (kept me informed), and I had a loaner (Focus).

Well, they called me last week and reported that they had found the problem.

Turns out there is a steering angle sensor that was bad. They replaced that and it was fine.

As to the climate control system, turns out the connection to the blower had come loose and it wasn't properly secured at the factory.

As to the A-Pillar rattle, they adjusted the windshield cowling as they found that it had gotten loose.

AFter nearly a week in the Explorer, NONE of the problems have reoccurred despite some windy, cold, and icy days.

AND, it really seems like the Torque Steer has been reduced A LOT. Maybe the steering angle sensor relates to that.

Resolutions

Good write up- thanks for posting it.

Sounds great, glad to hear its all fixed

Back