To Good to be True? 46k Accord $2965 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

To Good to be True? 46k Accord $2965

MountaineerGreen

Towing Moderator
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
North East Arkansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 F150 4x4
Ok, if this is real, I hereby call first dibbs. However, I think its fake-

The Craigslist listing is goine now- even more fishy, but I have the email:

I sent him an email asking about his listing on Criagslist and if the price was correct. Here is what he wrote back:

Hi there and sorry for the late reply.

The car is still available for sale. This is a 2003 HONDA ACCORD EX 3.0, V6 V-TEC Automatic, Silver with Black leather interior, ONLY 46000 Miles, VIN 1HGCM66583A000206.

It is in EXCELLENT condition; the body and paint are great, no scratches and no dents; the interior is clean; it has never been involved in an accident.

Here you can find more pictures with the car:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rgshillow/accord

I'm an US Air Force Lieutenant currently stationed in UK. And the car is here with me. It was bought in the US and shipped to Europe, but it was never permanently registered here, the car is still registered in the US.

The car is for sale locally as well, but there are slim chances of this to happen. First of all this is a US model car, with the steering wheel on the left side, as opposed to a UK model, that has the steering wheel on the right side. And second, in order to be able to register this car here in UK the buyer would have to pay very high import/custom taxes that will double the price. So I decided to sell the car back in the US.

As I'm unable to travel in the near future and I don't have anyone back home to help me with the sale I decided to make this transaction through eBay.

So how this actually works? Simple: the buyer sends the payment to eBay and they hold the money until the car is delivered; I ship the car to US; I get my money only after the buyer receives the car and makes sure everything is as agreed. I believe this protects both buyer and seller and it's the right way to do this.

The final price is $2,965 including shipping from Europe to the US and delivery to your home address.

So if you decide to buy this car or need further information please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thank you and have a great day,
Name and email address removed by MG

Does someone have a membership that can check the vin with Carfax?

I smell a rat, but this would be a nice deal if it was real.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok, if this is real, I hereby call first dibbs. However, I think its fake-

The Craigslist listing is goine now- even more fishy, but I have the email:

I sent him an email asking about his listing on Criagslist and if the price was correct. Here is what he wrote back:

Does someone have a membership that can check the vin with Carfax?

I smell a rat, but this would be a nice deal if it was real.

Run, it's a scam!

Yup, I traced the email header, and it originated from Chicago. Not close to the UK at all.

Definately a scam... I almost got hit by one of the international scams when I was selling some Volvo parts online. For a $50 item, dude sent me $1800 that I was supposed to cash, take out selling price for me and give the rest to his "shipping agent" to cover shipping costs and payment for "other" items.

Needless to say, I destroyed that money order

Yeah, any of those deals where the price is too good to be true, and they say they are currently living in the UK, are a BIG scam. They sound all nice, and then steel your money. I had one try to tell me they used a 3rd party escrow service, but I have yet to figure out how that one was going to work, but certainly wasn't real. I'm not sure why they all "live in the UK", but that seems to be the location for all of them. It's all over EBay as well.

Back