To know or not to know? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

To know or not to know?

X~FACTOR

Name is Ray
Reaction score
City, State
Valley Stream, Long Island
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT 4-dr SOHC
Both my daughter and my son were "a surprise". I guess we just wanted it to be as exciting as it can be.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bipolarbob

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kelowna,British Columbia,Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
davidmmm69 said:
because it is 9:40 at night and the 3 yr old just went to bed,her older sister is staying her with us and i leave to go to work at 10:15pm.

Just because she just turned 21 doesn;t mean she is wanting to be inbed all the time.
although it would be nice

Her sister! Wo-hoo, a threesome! J/K

I wouldn't care if she didn't wanmna be, I would be working on her all the time!

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Yes, an ultrasound isn't 100%. But if you get multiple ultrasounds, and junior's junior consistantly shows up, you can be fairly confident. An amnio will definately give an answer, but hopefully there will NOT be any need for an amnio, they aren't any fun.

I did know one guy who's child, somehow, showed male on, at least, two ultrasounds, and they had complete plans for a boy..................then she popped out.

celly

disturber of the peace
Reaction score
City, State
calgary
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 eb 5.0 awd
Robb said:
An amnio will definately give an answer, but hopefully there will NOT be any need for an amnio, they aren't any fun.

An amnio isn't fun because of what it can tell you, but it's a pretty simple procedure. Was over with in a few seconds, my wife hardly felt a thing. I was more nervous than she was about the procedure. ;)

I tell you, when the clinic called two weeks later to tell us there was no chromosomal issues, it was a pretty happy moment. So happy that we forgot to ask the gender which we had planned to do all along.

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
bipolarbob said:

I wouldn't care if she didn't wanmna be, I would be working on her all the time!

someday someday it will happen. I think about it alot lol.
I know it is not right but WOW...

dreamr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lynnwood WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XL / 4x4 / 4.0 ohv
bipolarbob said:

MMM sisters....................one day I'll get my ladies sister to join us for a roll on the floor/bed, I mean c'mon those legs just go right on up to her neck and they are just so .............................oops I'll shut up now.

bipolarbob

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
davidmmm69 said:
someday someday it will happen. I think about it alot lol.
I know it is not right but WOW...

Oh it's right allright.

jasonb

Jackstand Wheeler
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Suwanee, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport 4x4
ok.. funny as that is... keep this one on track!

ve4ron

Reaction score
City, State
Ochre River, Manitoba Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Eddie Bauer
You really don't want to know !

How many real surprises do you realy get in life . This is the best one :thumbsup: It happened for me three times and I never wanted to know for any of them . :D

davidmmm69

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
2010 Ford Explorer V6 Fall River Ma...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
she has been fighting hard with her mom so she is staying with us from now on. That is weird sharig the house with another girl..
lots of skin i can see daily..

bipolarbob

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bauer
ve4ron said:
You really don't want to know !

How many real surprises do you realy get in life . This is the best one :thumbsup: It happened for me three times and I never wanted to know for any of them . :D

Are you talking about kids or threesomes?

X-1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
native Floridian
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 sport
We found out on both of ours, the first time I was hoping for a boy, which is what we got, second one my wife was hoping for a girl, and that's what we got, niether one of us could have taken the suspense. Both delivered in less than an hour, guess they couldn't wait either :eek:

BigBadWimp

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Falls, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
Well, we were supposed to get the ultrasound today but last night they called us and had to cancel it, so now we have to wait till Tuesday to find out! We felt cheated out! Oh well, we still had the regular appointment and everything's still normal/ healthy.

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
That sounds familiar. We found out the morning of our 20 week ultrasound that they had messed up the scheduling, and there wasn't even a lab tech in the office that day. :rolleyes: We had to reschedule for about a week later.

That didn't sit well with me, or the wife. In fact, that, on top of other problems that that doctor's office had, we switched doctors soon after. And were damn glad we did!

BigBadWimp

Reaction score
City, State
Beaver Falls, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Sport
This situation arose out of an emergency in the family of the tech. We weren't too upset about that.