To the mods of this forum... | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

To the mods of this forum...

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
Could we get a little more moderation in here? As of late there have a been a ton of threads that defiantly belong in another forum (or pretty much anywhere but modified 1st gen) and im just a bit puzzled.

I thought the reason we had so many forums and sub forums so that everything has a place where it belongs? But if we make a hundred forums and everything just ends up in the wrong place anyways then whats the point?

I know some people just post in this forum because they own a modified 1st gen, but if they are asking about a CB to put in it, doesn't that belong with the CB forum? And other post in here because they are new and dont know how things work which is fine as well. But the mod's can still move threads around right?

And if you dont think this should be in here, feel free to move it. If you dont agree with me, save your whining and send me a PM if you are really offended.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
We are sorry, some of us mods don't get around to the forums till after work so things are all over the place during the daytime.
I havent even changed out of my work clothes yet -- darf!

sn0border88

Master Apprentice
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Souderton, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 XLT
thats totally understandable, but most of the things im talking about are a few days old, other going on a week or something/

Ok, I see its been moved. SO just so everyone knows which forum im talking about its the modified 1st gen (1991-1994) forum. Others may have this same problem, but Ai dont frequent others near as much so if they do, speak up.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT
Took a look at the forum and found 4 threads over the last week that needed to be moved to stock...not too cluttered up...

We catch 'em as we see 'em...can't police everything all the time....

RangerX

Elite Ranger
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Omao, Kauai
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 Ranger XLT 4X4
Also, some threads could fall into either of two forums. The CB thread you mentioned could go in the CB forum, or it could go in the modified 1st gen forum, because it IS a modification to a 1st gen. Who makes the call? The moderator.

:chug:

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Raytown MO (Kansas City suburb)
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I'll try to remember to keep a better eye on it since I'm the mod for it.

I forget that I'm the mod for both 1991-1994 & 1995-2001 Moded Explorers.

Also if you see something that needs moved just shoot one of us a PM with the link.

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

Dopler174

Official Welcome Committe
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Greensboro, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT 4X4
Dan, you want some help with 91-94?

cybergasm

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Humboldt Ks
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer 5.0
I see part of the problem being that there is two groups of Mods here the group that always here and the group that never seems to be here. So it's left to the group that always here to manage the entire board. And that why it takes some time to get the threads moved. But i also think that if you're gonna Mod then Mod but if not then maybe they should consider stepping down and letting some else have a crack at it. To make everybody's job alittle easier around here.

My .02

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
i vote to add snowborder88 as the first gen mod...i don't have a problem with how the mods are doing their work at all, but i am thinking snowborder has some free time and is on the board enough in the first gen section that he would fit right in and wouldn't mind assisting...:D

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.
I see part of the problem being that there is two groups of Mods here the group that always here and the group that never seems to be here. So it's left to the group that always here to manage the entire board. And that why it takes some time to get the threads moved. But i also think that if you're gonna Mod then Mod but if not then maybe they should consider stepping down and letting some else have a crack at it. To make everybody's job alittle easier around here.

My .02

Since I own a '97 I just automaticly go to the 1995-2001 Modified Forum. When Rick was looking for someone to take it over I said I would. Problem is I didn't realize it was both 1991-1994 & 1995-2001 Modified Forums.

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
There's a fine line on when to move stuff and when to step back. I'm with Bill, when it comes to being able to be in two different forums, it's best to just leave it alone. There's more mods here who don't post that often, but still read just about every post in the forums. You'd be shocked just who all posts in the moderator forums that you never see too much of from the outside. If there's a problem with a post, the members have the option to help out the moderators, and report the post. I know several members often do this, and it goes to each moderator. One of us will see it and deal with it if needed.

Just keep this in mind.... the mods on this forum deal with everything from users signature, profile pic, avatar, spammers, and every post that gets put up in a coarse of a day. If we miss two new posts in a forum, email me.... I'll deal with them myself.

Tbars4

Moderator Emeritus
Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
City, State
anaheim hills,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 ranger 4x4/ 91 X 4x4
not to be a brown noser but i salute the job you guys do...i know it is a teadeous and non rewarding job and this is probably the best run forum i have ever seen....i do believe it is that you care about the info that is put on here and are as enthusiastic as most of the people who come here looking for knowledge....:salute:

with that being said, you all owe me a beer when we meet...:D and again truly, thank you for everything...

carlover

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fontana,CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XL
I agree that the mods do a great job on this website. Other websites the mods are pretty useless. I spend alot of time everyday on this website and have nothing but positive things to say. Id love to be a mod and help out but i dont think i know enough about explorers lol.

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
mods.gif

leebo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mingo Junction, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Sport
But I'm getting VERY hungry!

Dan Whitaker

One fast putty tat
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Year, Model & Trim Level
No Mounty no more.

JDraper

Somewhat Functional
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
McVeytown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'18 XLT

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stuntman

Reaction score
City, State
Ridgecrest, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Could we get a little more moderation in here? As of late there have a been a ton of threads that defiantly belong in another forum (or pretty much anywhere but modified 1st gen) and im just a bit puzzled.

I thought the reason we had so many forums and sub forums so that everything has a place where it belongs? But if we make a hundred forums and everything just ends up in the wrong place anyways then whats the point?

I know some people just post in this forum because they own a modified 1st gen, but if they are asking about a CB to put in it, doesn't that belong with the CB forum? And other post in here because they are new and dont know how things work which is fine as well. But the mod's can still move threads around right?

And if you dont think this should be in here, feel free to move it. If you dont agree with me, save your whining and send me a PM if you are really offended.

Who's the one whining?

So there are a couple posts that aren't in the right spot for a few days, who cares? This is a big and busy forum. I put in that survey and still think, that this forum is not over or under moderated.