Toads 01 Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Toads 01 Trac

I used to be a regular here until I sold my 92 and bought my SCrew,then I faded away for a while, but I couldnt stay away from the X name so last fall I got the Trac and been playin with it ever since and lately Ive been coming back here more and more so I thought Id show my new ride.
Specs.-01 Sport Trac
Auto- 4:10 rear
TT & home made shackles=2" lift
285/75/16 BFG AT,s

Some pic.s for today
4759up4.jpg

4759up3.jpg

4759Picture_123.jpg

Last one, sittin still but ready for action :D
4759smallerst.jpg

Thanks for lookin, Todd :ca:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks great Toad. And welcome back.

Nice lookin Trac Todd, nice to see another tracster around these parts:)

Looking good...how is that canoe mounted to the roofracks? What do you have in between the boat and the rack?

Crankcase, I made the crossbars myself just for the canoe and put pads to mount the foam blocks on, they are just a standard foam block that wraps around the gunnel, then I put the straps across and hook them to the cross bars.

4759Picture_131.jpg

Looks good Toad.

Dont really know ya, but welcome back. Truck looks good!

Nice Trac! Nice name and initials too ;)

Ok an update since I made some changes, I was having some front drive line issues due to my TT and homemade shackles which got me a little over 2", so my lovely wife got me a body lift for Christmas and I put it on and removed the Tt & shackles, my ride is improved and angles are normal again. maybe some day I can afford the superlift, until then this will do.

heres some pic.s of the body lift going on

4759apr5_006.jpg

4759apr5_007-med.jpg

With body lift and TT(I liked this but...)
4759apr5_011-med.jpg

Final product
4759apr5_012.jpg

Todd

Looks really good man! :thumbsup:

You've got a nice sport trac there. Grade A material. Keep it up.

-Drew

Looks good, but why not do a 1" TT and 1" shackles. I don't think you would get any ill effects with that setup.

Thanks everyone, j602, Im thinking about adding the extra 1" later but this is ok for now, if you mean just the 1" instead of the body lift, its because the tires wouldnt fit, 285,s rub a little and some trimming is req. even with 2" TT etc.

Todd

Yeah I meant add the 1" top of the body lift.

Back