Today I put some 22' rims with 305 45 r22 tires. My x has no lift..they rub! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Today I put some 22' rims with 305 45 r22 tires. My x has no lift..they rub!

Looks good. I would have went with a slight smaller tire.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey im a Germanboy ! I drive a Ford Explorer 01 Sport i would take the same wheel size! My car is a little bit higher than urs cuz im sitting on high shocks. Can somebody say if i take the wheel size of 302/45/22 ?? My explorer is higher a little bit!!!!

It has to do with the offset of the rim and the tire dimension. I have a 285/35/22 tire all the way around with en eibach lowering kit and i have no problems at all. If you want that bigger tire look with the 22's, I would go with a 285/40. I believe 305's might be a little wide and that 45's will be a little too tall. I would try kickin it down to 40 sidewall or 35 like what I have.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3156451

i say pick up the spacers and throw them on. that will also help pull thefront wheels in a bit closer so they dont stick out very far.

i like those rims alot too bad they don't make 35s to fit 22s! looks like i need a bigger lift so i can get dome 22-24 inch rims and a set of 40s under her

I ended up getting rid of those rims and tires I had put on months back. I am going to be buying some new ones soon. What is the max size tire I could put on 22's with perfect clearence 285/40 or 285/35 or what? What do you guys think

with 305 tires, you got to be dragging a lot.

how wide are your rims?

I would recommend 265/40/22, they look good on non-lowered x and looks great with lowered explorers.

Hey, check out my 22's on my cardomain website.. I run 285/35/22's and I think they fit perfect.. mine is lowered..so it fits nicely with the 285/35 all the way around..it yours isnt lowered..i would think you could get away with the 285/40's if you like more tire

and yes offset is the key here..mine are 22x9.5

sorry bout that..+16..

wow this was such a long time ago. I never kept those rims and I threw some off road tires on there. I still have this truck!

Too bad the pic is gone. Should re load it.

Back