• Register Today It's free!

Todays MFT Issue

gdecamp

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
11 X Limited AWD
I shut the car off last eve and saw the screen was frozen, this happened before but I did not pay much attention. This morning when I got into the car and started it the screen came on frozen as I left it last evening, this also happened before. I am trying to pay attention to the problems so I can report them here.

I took the garbage to the front and got back in the car and the radio started playing and the screen unfroze itself. The phone would not connect so I shut it down and opened the door, the screen was frozen so I did it again after waiting a few minutes. This time it started with the Ford logo and all was well.

Drove to work, 5.5 miles and shut her down, the screen froze and I opened the door and shut it and everything was off except the MFT screen. I waited a minute and finally it shut off while on the frozen screen.

Every day there is now a new adventure? This is using V 2.11 and I have nothing plugged into USB drives, phone has under 30 contacts, phone is a Storm2 (Blackberry) actually this is worse then when I was using V 2.08. :rolleyes:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Follow up:

Please understand I do know that I can do a reset. That is not the problem, the problem is that each day there is a new issue with this....WHY?? Why is Ford not telling us when it will be fixed???

I feel your pain George!

I'm beginning to think the reason we aren't getting any answers from Ford is that they don't care about the consumer. If they did, they wouldn't continue to ignore the thousands of posts in this forum alone about how disappointed we all are! But, all we get is the IVT team telling us how to pull fuses, disconnect the battery, etc... No fixes, just bandaids!

Ford, if you're listening, the public that has purchased your vehicle is asking for help with the system you delivered to us. If you would just be honest with us and give us updates on the progress of the fix, I believe most would be understanding. But, each day that goes by creates more and more distrust with your loyal customers and you run the risk of losing them and their future purchases. Time to step forward and take accountability for this mess!

+1

I feel your pain George!

I'm beginning to think the reason we aren't getting any answers from Ford is that they don't care about the consumer. If they did, they wouldn't continue to ignore the thousands of posts in this forum alone about how disappointed we all are! But, all we get is the IVT team telling us how to pull fuses, disconnect the battery, etc... No fixes, just bandaids!

Ford, if you're listening, the public that has purchased your vehicle is asking for help with the system you delivered to us. If you would just be honest with us and give us updates on the progress of the fix, I believe most would be understanding. But, each day that goes by creates more and more distrust with your loyal customers and you run the risk of losing them and their future purchases. Time to step forward and take accountability for this mess!

Seems obvious to me that Ford does care. If they didn't there wouldn't be ANY help other than what you receive at your dealership. Those who are helping out here on the forum can only offer what they know. They aren't miracle workers... Hopefully those who may be "miracle workers" are hard at work trying to fix your issues once and for all. I'm sure they're giving it their best.

:thumbsup:

I'm beginning to think the reason we aren't getting any answers from Ford is that they don't care about the consumer.

I think they care, they just have a misguided corporate policy of silence that I really think has no place in these kind of situations. It may work for other situations but they need to rethink it for customer satisfaction. We were thinking of buying a Taurus for the wife next spring....not anymore!! :(

Back