Toggle Switch For ABS

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hey all i've been searching around and found references to people wanting to do this but no description of the process. I have a 93 and like many know the abs sucks. However I don't want to get rid of it totally so I want to put a toggle switch to disable it when I want. Does anyody have a write up on how to do this? I thought about going to the power distribution block under the hood and then tapping into the wire(s) that feed the ABS fuse. I thought that by putting a switch in there it would essentially be cutting power to the abs system. Any thought?

Thanks!
CP :D

Yup, easiest way would be to tap the 2 wires going to the factory fuse, and install your own fuse and switch.

THanks Alec. A couple of quesitions, you say to install my own fuse...you're meaning that I need to install a fuse for the switch itself right, not some kinda fuse to replace the ABS fuse? I'm pretty new to electircal stuff so bear with me. How do I determine what amp rating a fuse should be? In this instance for a abs disable switch. Should it match for instance the amp rating on the ABS fuse? Or instead what is recomended for the switch itself since the fuse will be protecting the switch? Thanks for all the help!!

Later
CP :D

Back