Tomorrow its off to the shop | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!
    If you have an existing Elite membership contact me by PM and I will upgrade your account manually.

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Tomorrow its off to the shop

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
Ok tomorrow its off to the shop for upper/lower ball joints, radius amr bushings, possibly radius arms if they are in bad shape from the almost non existint bushings , and a water pump what do you all think i should be paying for everything + labor? its a 94 xlt 4x4 and its making some nasty clunks and bangs.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

BuffaloXplorer

The X had to go!
Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Impala SS
If i remember correctly, Upper & Lower Ball Joints on my 96 ran about $600 +/-, but we done at different times. Add the water pump and others and you're likely around $1,000...

thewishkah

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer xlt
thats what i was affraid of lol

ExplorerSportNu

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St.Louis - MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport/ExpeditionPkg
Whatever you do, don't go to dobbs, they will scew you. I did mine myself and they ran around 250-300 for parts. I have heard that sears is pretty cheap on labor for that kinda stuff.

BuffaloXplorer

The X had to go!
Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Impala SS
The upper BJs are a snap (on my 96 though, not sure about your 94). Save the $200 labor and do the uppers yourself. I couldn't press the new balljoints into the lower control arms and had to have the lowers done ($150 ea). The uppers are about the same cost to have done - less labor, more part price. Don't forget the alignment.