• Register Today It's free!

Tonneau Cover Lock Covers

e_toften

Reaction score
City, State
Washington NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Sport Trac
Hey guys. When I got my new to me 07 Sport Trac both tonneau cover lock covers were damaged and leaking. Anyone know a source for new or used ones? Anyone have or seen a busted/wrecked ST with a cover that I might be able to purchase the lock covers off of? Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked online a little yesterday at some Ford parts schematics and it appears they are still available.

BODY HARDWARE / PICK UP BOX / PICK UP BOX COVER / Rear cover bumper

$65 or so (each) seems to be the trend. $130 would buy a lot of silicone. The drivers side front and rear center are the same item.

Since you have an 07, does your door/ignition key match the tonneau locks? Mine does not, in reading here & other sites, Ford didn't match the keys till 08. One of these days I'll have a locksmith fix it for me.

Same here. Different locks on the cover. Where did you find the ones for $65?

Check tasca parts, they are usually pretty good with stuff like that. Canadian dealerships should have them too. The law up here says they have to be available for 7 years and they didn't quit making them until 2010.

Check tasca parts, they are usually pretty good with stuff like that. Canadian dealerships should have them too. The law up here says they have to be available for 7 years and they didn't quit making them until 2010.

Great tip on the tasca parts website. I will be giving them a try.

I purchased an '07' back in November and had the same issue with the locks.

I purchased from Tasca like the others recommended.

It is part #7L2Z-7843432-B (B is the last rev I think) which is one complete replacement lock kit with tumblers. So you would need 2 each.

Came with instructions on how to measure the key and select the correct tumblers. I just swapped tumblers and eyeballed them till I got the key to turn in the casting. It uses 4 points on the key to operate.

I used Tasco's ebay store as the price was less with free shipping than ordering off their website IIRC. Ebay item 360681330654 . Their are some sellers that has them cheaper...

Their are several threads I found here on the forums about modifying the existing locks. You would have to grind the flange edges off the top and find a way to secure it back afterwards. A locksmith could do this I suppose. The kit has a top flange that has fingers you bend around the casting when you are done. After install, you can't tell any difference from the original.

Back