Tonneau Cover Lock Rubber Plug

JimInRadfordVA

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Radford, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport Trac
I loaned out my Sport Trac to my son and it came back without the rubber plug for the rear tonneau cover lock. Does anyone have a part # and/or a source for these?

I'd like to get this fixed before the freezing weather gets here.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gen1TonneauPartsIllustration.jpg

Gen1Tonneau.jpg

Thanks! Looks like I need part 402A36.

The best online price for this part is $85!!!! Holy crap.

If anyone sees one of these in a boneyard, please snag it for me.

Thanks!

Yep! I've been looking for one myself. I refuse to pay that ridiculous price for a rubber plug.

If someone with a 3d printer could make one (and then you could skin it with a piece of rubber), they could make a lot of money

Yep, I need one too. I've seen them as high as $126 and $85 is still way too high for me. I'm missing the one up near the rear window and I rarely open that end, but it would look better (and keep the rain and dirt out of the lock) if I had one. I'm be happy with a 3D printer made one and would just paint it flat black. I even considered having swhawaii buy me a whole tonneau cover, that I saw for sale in Hawaii for $50, just to get the plug, but it seemed like too much trouble and still more than the part is worth.

I'm hoping to come across one on eBay auction that I get for cheap. I've managed to get a bunch of hard-to-find, expensive parts that way in the past.

I think I have two spares from one I took apart for parts. I sell them for $40 each shipped, new they go for $80 each. I have all the parts for the factory tonneau cover if anyone needs anything else.

I think I have two spares from one I took apart for parts. I sell them for $40 each shipped, new they go for $80 each. I have all the parts for the factory tonneau cover if anyone needs anything else.

I'll have to think about for $40. Money's a little tight until June 8th. Can I let you know (or will you hold one for me until 6/8)?

As far as other's needing tonneau parts, someone just posted about needing what they referred to as "the strikers". I assume that's the parts that are bolted to the sides of the bed for the latches to grap. I think it was either yesterday or today.

Edit:
Here's the person looking for the strikers...

https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411056

I can hold one for you man.

how much for hardware and one lock ?

Dang. I just trashed a whole cover with locks, plugs, etc. The cover was torn.

I put on a roll up cover and didn't have storage room so I tossed the stock cover in the dumpster at work. I had no idea there was a demand.

I do have the tonneau brackets for the bed with screws if someone wants them. (2004 ST)

I'll take the other one if it's still available. I made one out of wood (as a stop gap), which I'll post pics as soon as the paint is dry tomorrow, but I'd rather have a real one. I'll pm you Rebel

Got the pm and replied.

OK, both lock covers are spoken for and sold. I have all the rest of the parts for the tonneau cover if anyone needs anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back