*Dana 28 TTB (open)
*Ford 7.5 rear axle (open)
*4 speed manual transmission
*Manual hubs and transfer case
*Manual windows and locks
*Power lumbar seats

Heres what it used to look like:
433881_1_full.jpg

Here it is after a 4 inch Rough Country suspension lift complete with lifted rear springs:
433881_5_full.jpg

Ended up with a pretty good setup:
b-2left.jpg

My spare tire mod
b-2spare.jpg

My first tatoo (left shoulder):
433881_51_full.jpg

Then I nose-dived my Bronco into the ground:
busted1.jpg

Dana 35 swap:

Broken Dana 28 out:
bb1d670a.jpg

Dana 35 in:
4dc52e39.jpg

36da0eef.jpg

New brake booster and master cylinder:

old/new:
b55b7c33.jpg

installed:
a366ca0b.jpg

I've also cut my front fenders, hammered a new fender lip, and used spray-on truck bed coating to finish up. also used same stuff on interior

100_1194.jpg

100_1238.jpg

strip12.jpg

newtires3.jpg

Other mods include duraspark conversion, holly 350 carb, some offroad lights front and rear, etc...

heres some poser pics

dc3519ba.jpg

aug20-2.jpg

aug20-1.jpg

aug20.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Pimpin!

Nice truck TR. Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone! future plans include tearing the whole thing apart and fixing rust (that part may take a year or 2). i also have some skyjacker 4-6" drop brackets to replace the dang rough country drop plate. I will also be taking out the 3" body lift and replacing it with a 1 inch "body lift" of new body mounts of my own design (trying to lower COG). I'll also tub and trim the rear fenders so the 33's wont rub.

after driving this thing across town to my new house, i noticed a nasty "pop and pull" in the steering. i had my wife turn the wheel back and forth while i checked underneath, but didn't really see anything loose. still need to check steering shaft, i have a feeling its something there.

nice job on th b2, what did you use to cut your fenders? I have 31's and they are rubbing and your fenders look really clean so i figured i would just ask.

thanks! i cut the fenders free-hand with a jigsaw. i then folded the edge inward slightly with a pair of pliers. i saw when the bodyline was warping, and made relief cuts. then i finished the bend inward (like factory one) by tapping along the fold with a hammer. took me a couple hours, but it was low-cost and i could watch the bends more carefully. i finished off with some duplicolor spray on truck bed coating. should have used the roll on, it would have been thicker

cool, are you planing on cutting the back wheel wells too?

Nice plans you have for it. Can't wait to see more pics.
What width black rims to you have? 10, 8

10" wide rims

Well, no more mods for awhile. My house was broken into and my digital camera and some cash (saving to fix the b2) was stolen. I'm now selling both sets of 33" mud tires (link in "for sale" forum to my ad on craigslist). hoping to get enough money to replace the camera and get the b2 running (on stock donuts). the b2 really isn't doing much good with grass growing around it, so i'm hoping to get it fixed well enough so i can park the DD for some much needed TLC.

tires haven't sold yet, so i'm doing some low-cost/free mods. turns out the body lift and steering extension made my steering all cattywompus. so off it goes. getting the steering extension off was a PITA, had to pull the whole column.

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

and here it sits until i buy shorter bolts and remove the rest of the BL

IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

Thats a nice little rig:bounce:

Had an itch to drive the B2 today, so i pieced it back together good enough to run over the lawnmower i blew up for new years

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0358.jpg

before:
IMG_0362.jpg

all swampers off:
IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0367.jpg

body lift off:
IMG_0368.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

took it around the block, the steering is much improved.

Parked again:
IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0372.jpg

next:
new body bolts
trim fan shroud to clear radiator hose
trim front inner fenders a little more
put air in the tires
new air cleaner
getting an 8.8 this week!

IMG_0412.jpg

cleaning it up, taking off the unneeded stuff, getting ready to start putting new stuff on it.

not much to update. new cam and lifter set on the way, and a used set of edelbrock headers

had a bunch of wire scraps from various odd jobs, so i figured it was time to rewire the engine. since i don't need the egr valve anymore, it went to the trash, and i ground out a plate to fit the hole.
IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

moving the duraspark box and coil to the passenger side
IMG_0551.jpg

Why? its open space. gives me more room around the steering shaft, brakes lines, etc...

heres a before pic, after i took all the loom off and my ghetto coil bracket.
IMG_0532.jpg

the wires for the duraspark box and coil were pretty new, so i just cut off the crimp connectors and soldered everything the right way. also replaced wires for water temp, oil press, and alternator. also got rid of a bunch more extra wires that i don't even know what they were for. starts and runs, the gauges all work, so i guess i'm doing all right, haha. i'll get some pics after i loom it all back up

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello

I just finished wiring my duraspark conversion. Mine is a 85 and thats makes for an interesting day. lol

Back