Took 3rd in 4x4 class, please read details... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Took 3rd in 4x4 class, please read details...

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Well I took third in the 86+ 4x4 class at the Fords Unlimited Show this past weekend. It was a great time and a great group of people so that was fine. The only part that bugs me is the two Explorers's that tied for 2nd. I tied for third with, well I will just post all the pics...

Here is my at the show:

DSC02288.jpg

The other truck that tied for 3rd with me, I have no problem with this Great looking truck, clean and a hell of a nice guy owns it:

DSC02284.jpg

Now here is what bugs me. Both have stock Audio systems and interior's. Not even an aftermarket CD player. Well, At least they are Explorer's getting respect but c'mon!

Tied for second are these two:

DSC02299.jpg

&

DSC02317.jpg

Here is what won 1st, I can understand with way over $100,000 invested:

DSC02332.jpg

So you can see my frustration. The only thing that I can understand is that I was the first one there and at the very end of the class and the last one you would have seen as you walked past everything else. Oh well, It was a great time and I did take home another trophy!

You can see all the other pics here: http://stlouismtb.tripod.com/shows/fordsunlimit7_27_03/fordsunlimit7_27_03.html

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You tied for 3rd with the F-150 or F-250?? I bet that F-250 is pretty quick and has a tremendous amount of torgue. It looks like it has the banks power pack on it.

I don't see how those other 2 X's beat you. They weren't that special and kinda ugly in my opinion. I thought you were 2wd Matt?

No way! I totally understand, and agree with , your frustration. Id have been a little "huh?!?" too haha. Not to bash the other Ex's, bc I mean, they obviouslt put time and effort in, but they just werent as clean looking as yours. Too flashy for my taste. That sucks man. Oh well... cant win em all...;)
--Bryan

By looking at those pictures, you should be placed 2nd on your own... atleast.

That is what I figured too. 2nd. There was like 25 trucks in the class and I was the very last one in the row, since I was the first one there. So they probly already voted for one by the time they get to my truck.

When and where are these contests and how do you enter?

Black Magic`

Your super clean approach may have hurt you. It gives it that high end factory look. Thats meant as complement to you by the way. The other more gaudy intrants made there mods more noticable. There should have been two classes Black Magic should have won the mid-size class. Congrats. Any ways.:chug:

i've found that its impossible to compete with larger (usually lifted) trucks. no matter how much cleaner and how many more better mods you've done up here in the midwest no one cares

Congrats on your win Matt. :)

Back