Took the plunge: Black 2013 FWD Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Took the plunge: Black 2013 FWD Limited

Kzoo Driver

Reaction score
City, State
Portage, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford 500
I placed my order on Wednesday for my first Ex. I've always bought off the lot, so the waiting game is a new experience for me, but I'm sure it will be worth it:

2013 Black Limited
FWD
Pecan Seats
2nd row buckets w/Console
20" Polished Aluminum wheels
301A Package and BLIS

Now, my question.....how long until delivery?

As I understand it, Ford picks the orders on Thursday night and the dealer should know around next Thursday what the timetable for production and delivery is. Watching on here, I thought it was running 4-5 weeks, but the salesperson said to plan on the end of September. We'll know next week, but does that sound right?

I'm wondering if he's just trying to manage my expectations or if things have ramped up and it really is taking longer at this point.

Delivery shouldn't take long. The trip from Chicago to West Michigan is short!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats! Cory will be along on Monday, you can give him your order and dealer numbers, and he'll give you updates as you progress. It took almost exactly 5 weeks from order to delivery for mine.

Advice? Don't count days that closely. Also- just because Chicago to the 'zoo is a few hour trip, don't plan on that- the process of getting the truck from the plant to your dealer looks nothing like a direct route. Your Ex may see several states before it hits your dealer's lot. Go have a nice stroll at Celery Flats and she'll be there in no time. :)

Advice? Don't count days that closely. Also- just because Chicago to the 'zoo is a few hour trip, don't plan on that- the process of getting the truck from the plant to your dealer looks nothing like a direct route. Your Ex may see several states before it hits your dealer's lot. Go have a nice stroll at Celery Flats and she'll be there at no time. :)

Agreed with JoeDirt, I ordered mine on June 8th, and am supposed to see delivery on August 10th (Original ETA was Aug. 6th, just got pushed back this week). I'm only 8 hours from Chicago and mine has been built since the 26th so it will take about 2 1/2 weeks to make the trip, so there's no telling how long it will take to make it there. Just keep in touch with Cory and your dealer for progress. My dealership e-mails me updates about every week or so just to touch base. I was told 8-10 weeks and I'm right at that now. Good luck, I hope yours only takes 4-6 weeks to produce and get, but don't be surprised if it takes longer--just remember, it will be worth the wait, that's what I keep telling myself! ;)

...Watching on here, I thought it was running 4-5 weeks, but the salesperson said to plan on the end of September...
I’m happy to check on your current status, Kzoo Driver! Shoot me a PM with your order number and dealer details. :)

Congrats! Cory will be along on Monday...
...Just keep in touch with Cory and your dealer for progress...
Helicopter & JUtecht,

I really appreciate the recommendations, guys! :D

...Your Ex may see several states before it hits your dealer's lot. Go have a nice stroll at Celery Flats and she'll be there in no time. :)
That’s some great advice, Joe Dirt; thanks for helping out. :thumbsup:

Everyone should appreciate nature! Wear the “Great Outdoors” badge proudly:

http://www.Social.Ford.com/grab-a-badge/great+outdoors

Cory

Thanks Cory.....

Just fired a PM off to you. Any information would be appreciated!

Back