• Register Today It's free!

Took the tupperware off

upther

Reaction score
City, State
Micco, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
Most everything looks good with the exception of one really terrible area.

I guess the only bright side is that's the passenger fender that I'm taking off to run the snorkel anyway. Should make it a little easier to repair before applying the Herculiner.

Next up will be finding somebody to make me up some rock sliders.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You have rocks in Florida? :)

I only wish mines looked like that. Just as an idea, I'm going to do this with what rockers I have left but to drill holes in the bottom of the rockers in front middle and rear. Could drill circles or I was thinking of a rounded off rectangle shape. There are no drain holes and where is the water to go but to turn into a cancer. I'm also going to use the holes, drilled and rotted, to stick a spray wand and spray as much I can of inhibitor.

But for you it would be almost as preventive maintenance

You have rocks in Florida? :)

Ha! Yeah, we have a few. Ocala National Forest has some great trails as does Citrus County. There's also a place called Hardrock that has some tough trails that I am in no condition to ride yet. One day though.

I only wish mines looked like that. Just as an idea, I'm going to do this with what rockers I have left but to drill holes in the bottom of the rockers in front middle and rear. Could drill circles or I was thinking of a rounded off rectangle shape. There are no drain holes and where is the water to go but to turn into a cancer. I'm also going to use the holes, drilled and rotted, to stick a spray wand and spray as much I can of inhibitor.

But for you it would be almost as preventive maintenance

I've got a friend who works at Piper who is going to get me some of the rust converter/inhibitor that they use on the planes and I'm going to spray on some of the rust spots. I don't know the name but I'll find out and let you know how it works.

Got some Herculiner and put it on the bumpers and rockers over the weekend. Think it turned out pretty good.

20140616_175120_zpsberz9gin.jpg

20140616_175144_zpsvfxrd3ni.jpg

20140616_175128_zpsbk00yw1h.jpg

Can barely even tell there was a problem there. Layered it up with some marine fiberglass. Should be good for a bit.

Back