• Register Today It's free!

Took the X out for some snow fun!

jacobl

Reaction score
City, State
michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
The new BFG all terrain tires are great. I was driving through 2 feet of snow part of the time. I got sucked in a ditch once because there was thick ice under the snow. I just turned the wheels and drove out. I Love this truck!:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are some pics!

100_0555.jpg

100_0556.jpg

100_0558.jpg

i was gonna say how bout some pics but you beat me to it...

This is where i almost got stuck.
It looks a lot worse in person.
100_0567.jpg

Thats sweet man!

I bought some big BFG Mud Terrains for my Mounty and STILL havent gotten to use them yet!!!
We get our snow in January and Febuary...so im still waiting for it!

Looks fun.

Sweet, I live in Alaska.. and after my truck is fixed.. it's going in tomorrow... on goes the 31" BFG T/A KO's... nice to know they can hold their ground

U got awd or 4x4? or 2wd?

I hate you! now that i've finally got a vehicle i can take out in the snow (the 240's back tires just spin at 10~mph in the snow)...it won't snow. been calling for it since before christmas and all i've got was flurries for about 5 mins today...

i live in Michigan too, actually lake Michigan is right behind my house and you should see the snow we got....i had to pull my friend out of his driveway, its freken sweet.

never seen an explorer covered in snow... badass

Lovin those pics, all I have is mud here in Tennessee

i live in Michigan too, actually lake Michigan is right behind my house and you should see the snow we got....i had to pull my friend out of his driveway, its freken sweet.

Hahahaha, I had to pull my friend's 03 2wd durango outta her driveway.. and it was on flat ground......................

il NEVER buy a 2wd truck..

bad ass pics u got there jacobl

Thanks for the compliments!:thumbsup:

I always find it kind of amazing what the Ex can do in the snow. I work nights and its been snowing alot latly here. I have found that the all season radials seem to work better then the all terrains. It may be because they are a little thinner and thus don't float as much, however from a dead stop the AT are still better.

never seen an explorer covered in snow... badass

You should move up north then:D

The other day, I was going to my campsite, and it was a little deeper than I had planned. I got halfway stuck. I had been plowing through the snow..when I backed up and looked how deep it was, the spot where I stopped looked like a boat going through the water, with how the snow was pushed up. Looked like a wake. Just wished I had had my camera with me, it looked sweet.

You should move up north then:D

The other day, I was going to my campsite, and it was a little deeper than I had planned. I got halfway stuck. I had been plowing through the snow..when I backed up and looked how deep it was, the spot where I stopped looked like a boat going through the water, with how the snow was pushed up. Looked like a wake. Just wished I had had my camera with me, it looked sweet.

yea im def not used to the cold... down here in baton rouge, i think it was in the 60s today... last week it hit 80... we hardly ever see snow... usually if it "snows" here everyone freaks out over tiny flakes... its a funny site to see

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I guess thats a big difference living in different halves of the country. Down south, it snows a little and you feel the car slipping/sliding, you step on the brakes. Up here, when you start to slip/slide, you floor it:D

Back