Toolbox?

College Student

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indinapolis, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 EB
I seem to be fighting a losing battle. Where do you guys put tools in your x's, our family has always had a rule, a tool set in every car, but i just cant find room. The mini storage compartment thing is too small for anything and i don't want to keep putting things in the third row feet area because what if someone needs to sit there.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I seem to be fighting a losing battle. Where do you guys put tools in your x's, our family has always had a rule, a tool set in every car, but i just cant find room. The mini storage compartment thing is too small for anything and i don't want to keep putting things in the third row feet area because what if someone needs to sit there.

i have a tool box under the rear seat

How big is it? I've been wondering about building some sort of custom plastic vacuum formed thing to hold tools that will actually fit in the mini compartment.

How big is it? I've been wondering about building some sort of custom plastic vacuum formed thing to hold tools that will actually fit in the mini compartment.

idk maybe a foot and a half by 5 or 6 inches, i could get a picture later if you really want

no i understand, i just am trying to find the best place so S*** wont have to get moved around anytime someone wants to ride in my x, take me like five minutes just to make room, i need to consolidate somehow, or just give up on having everything i want in my x

no i understand, i just am trying to find the best place so S*** wont have to get moved around anytime someone wants to ride in my x, take me like five minutes just to make room, i need to consolidate somehow, or just give up on having everything i want in my x

how often do you use the third row ?

very little but my amp and some spare clothes and stufftake up its foot hole

My work in progress...

6635943487_b5a8ee8299_b.jpg

6635943407_b8a20f4e93_b.jpg

I put my box under the back seat, has to move when I fold the seat down, but it works.

I had a tool bag behind the 3rd row

yeah i think im stuck with the but it works move and keep it behind the second row then tell people to just hold onto my stuff

i took out the bin in the driver side rear storage compartment and i can fit a good size kit down there. ive found that that is the best spot

I don't in the XLT because that's where the rear AC is :)
But yeah it's a great spot, we use it to hold a coolant bottle in the xls

do you mean the net area or the little flip up hatch thing, and truthfully i actually forget about those two spots all the time, i keep spare bolts and just crap in those, thanks for the idea, i just found my space

The net area holds my fix a flat, revolving tow light, and a few tools. The little compartment holds a CRAP TON of bungee cords, the rear compartment under the floor of the "bed" holds a cigarette lighter air compressor and tow straps and chains, and the other compartment under the floor of the "bed" is going to hold two 12" subwoofers when I get to it.

The net area holds my fix a flat, revolving tow light, and a few tools. The little compartment holds a CRAP TON of bungee cords, the rear compartment under the floor of the "bed" holds a cigarette lighter air compressor and tow straps and chains, and the other compartment under the floor of the "bed" is going to hold two 12" subwoofers when I get to it.

I was actually gonna put subs in the other compartment but decided not to. However I did mount my two amps under there.

man, i hate forgetting about things if i remember correctly my net area has tp in it

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My net area holds my amp :)
DSCF0372.jpg

Back