• Register Today It's free!

Tools needed for BL??

ExplorerX91

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XL
Ok, i just got my 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift (90 off ebay), ive been spraying the blots that i can see and im getting a couple friends to come help me out, but i was just wondering if you guys could help me out and be more prepared on the tools ill be needing while putting on this lift. thank you

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

air tools. super strength friends. someone who has done it before.

wrong link, he wanted to do a body lift and it is here: http://www.explorer4x4.com/bodylift.html

I just did it a few days ago on my 91 and it was pretty simple (mainly because I only did a 1") You will need an 18mm socket for all of the bolts inside the cab and a 15mm (I think) for the front 2. You will also need a phillips screwdriver to remove some of the trim pieces to get the carpet up. A cordless drill works great for this. 2 big floor jacks and some 2x4's or 2x6's will also help to jack the body up when it is loose. And yes, air tools are great to have and make it go much faster and smoother. Good luck and that link explains it pretty good.

good socket set, possibly sawzall and grinder, pipe wrench, possibly plyers/vice grips. if you have a 5-speed, dont forget you will need a shifter ext. if you have problemns, see my thread . hopefully, you wont but since i had so many, i made the thead to help answer others questions. post if you need anything, i will check daily.

Back