Top gear Top tip, dont stand close to tow rope | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Top gear Top tip, dont stand close to tow rope

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there ya go!

same thing when pulling with a chain. I always tell anyone who does this to throw a towel, coat or blanket, anything over the chain in case it lets go.

what amazed me the most is that these "profesional" drivers didnt know that

well then again, they are british lol

My all time favorite show, seen every episode.

the fault was probably more on the driver(s) - you don't move the vehicle until its clear.

I know exactly what he was doing, he was holding it taking out the slack. what went wrong was he was on the wrong side and the driver step on the throttle to quickly.

when they run the clip you see the car being pulled jerk and a cloud of dust comes up on the driver side.
they would be real lucky if they didn't twist that frame some doing that.

Ah, poor James May. That Christmas Special was awesome though.

i have actually seen a chain snap and whip back toward the stuck vehicle, could have killed the driver or anyone standing in the vicinity of the chain.

i have actually seen a chain snap and whip back toward the stuck vehicle, could have killed the driver or anyone standing in the vicinity of the chain.
This is a strap..

never for any reason stand between a chain/rope/anything between 2 cars, i love top gear they are still mechanically inclined tho.

Uh dont stand next to the chain/rope, but I also wouldnt HOLD it! :)

It could happen to any of us. He was probably not expecting the truck to move that far.

That'll teach him for cutting his hair. With the old mop he would've been right.:D:thumbsup:

Back