• Register Today It's free!

Topless 02 Sport?

iceman7329

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
Im highly considering making a topless 02 Sport for a summer time cruiser. Build a full cage around it like a jeep for protection and all. The only reason I want to do it is because the truck was rolled over so the roof is toast. What do you think, cool idea or lame?

Ive rebuild a rolled explorer before that was worse than this one so I know that there could be damage to the frame and other parts. So Im not worried about that part of the project.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it would be pretty cool, certainly a unique look. I don't know anything about actually chopping it, but I think it would be sweet. Would this remain a stock vehicle, or what?

Well I dont know if its 2wd or 4wd yet. But either way it will be lifted on 33"s most likey and other than the top and a stereo it will remain rather stock. Im thinking cut the top right at the windows so I could just use a similar style trim to cover the edges.

Ok, heres where Id be cutting it off at pretty much. Just to give you an idea.

choptop.jpg

20022.jpg

Something like that looks pretty sweet, cut there. Ignore my crappy "cage"

Edit: Ahh, I see we were thinking about cutting the same spots

Thanks for the chop, doesnt look to bad. Im liking this idea. If I did the cage right I bet I could have a top made to fit over the cage, kinda like a jeep. So if it were to rain or something you wouldnt be totaly SOL.

Yeah, I've always wanted to find a way to "quick release" all of my glass but my windshield for summer driving. I've always liked topless trucks. I love how you can just remove the back on the bronco.

2002copy.jpg

Lifted with bigger tires..doesn't look so good, but gives an idea.

If you cut the window channels, the front windows would be useless. Otherwise, it looks great!

Dont care, no top so why would I need windows? Make since? lol

No problem, I can live with that! :D

Well I cant get in touch with the guy that owns it.... Hopefully he will call me back soon.

I can't wait for this. Sweet Idea.

Back