felsmann

Reaction score
City, State
HB, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 Explorer Sport
I wonder if this would ever make it!

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heh.. nope.. I heard they decided not to put them into production...

Whoa, not what I expected, I thought this was a link to the girls of the outdoors or something;)j/k I heard they scrapped it as well.

Where did you see this at?

Shame they scrapped it, pretty interesting looking. Probably wouldn't have sold though. Good ol Ford, always afraid to take a chance. Unless of course that chance is with its buyer's safety not their money. Y'all know how I feel about Ford as a company ;)

Even though I would not buy it, I think others would. I mean if you think about it the ponitac aztec looks really bad and it sells! who knows?

butt ugly...

...I saw an Azzzteckkk on the way to school the other day parked at a stoplight. All I could do is start laughing and shaking my head. I looked around and everyone else was doing the same! Go pontiac.

I would definitly buy it

(If it didn't cost an arm and a leg)
My friend just bought one of those landrover defenders. I think it is a pretty sweet ride, but damn the $43,000 price tag. It already had 15000 miles on it. That crazy looking explorer would suite my 23 year old lifestyle just fine. It will definitly divert some attention from the landy. I would love to piss my friend off like that. You big shot.

Man that sucks that they are going to scrap it. I think it kicks ass personally, I think it would be great to have one. I could just see it now, big ol' 35 M/T's and pullin up to a Jeep...it would be GREAT. But crappy old Ford wont make enough money so they wont make it.

They would definately have to ditch the plastic stuff and the HUGE flares before I would buy one. With a smaller chrome bumper, flared fenders(like Perry's Fab and Fiber), and 15" wheels with 33s it could be serious competition to the Wrangler and I would consider buying one. But like everyone else said, Ford is to wimpy to put anything new and exciting out. That is why a Mustang (300 Cobra Rs excluded) is slower than a Camaro. Ford could easily make a Stang outrun a Vette for cheaper but they won't do it in fear of loosing money. JMHO.

Forgive me fellow explorers for I am about to sin.
It seem as though CH**y is going to produce their SSR based on a Blazer platform with a 6.0L V-8 @ 300 ponies.
ssr_intro_lg.jpg

I mention this only to point out that Ford NEEDS to do something here.... perhaps they will, nay,..should build the 'topless Explorer/wrangler fighter'. Let's bug the crap out of them...

Ford will not build anything to drastic unless and only unless their sales go down. Ford is a reactive company not a proactive. Every car thats out now is due to a reaction cause another company came out with something else. Ford does not intovate they wait for someone else to do it then make it work for them.

Fords got their Wrangler fighter if they want it. But with the Freelander it's already filled. I don't know if I'd buy one due to lack of cargo space, but if they decide to get rid of it I'd gladly take it off their hands. Does anybody know what that intake on the hood is for?

Aw, heck...

If Ford isn't willing to build one, then I think I will. My dad has an old CJ he uses for off-roading. You know the type- just sits outside behind the garage with no top when not in use. It's strictly business. My uncle has been into 70's Bronco's and his latest doesn't even resemble a Bronco, other than the title. It looks like a cross between a sand rail and a 4x4. It kinda reminds me of what a Hummer would be if it was built of tubing and diamond plating. I've been toying with the idea of a toy for strict off-road use- I even aquired a short bed Chevy 4x4 chassis complete from the engine down and an 87 cab (no title, little rust) for almost free.

But I don't wanna Chevy.

If I can find an Explorer that has been lightly rolled I might get out the sawzall and grinding wheel and build my own. I could even do a 4 door just to be different...

PS- does that picture belong to anyone? If I embark on a project like this, I'd like to document it on the web, and it would be nice to show people what my inspiration was.

I dont think it does, but Juan should know for sure. I'm not sure where he got it.

Go for it! It'd make a very interesting feature for the site if you ask me. What do you think Rick?

lol, after firestone and all the recalls on the new explorers they think they can make one w/o a top and people will buy it? hahahahaha, well to be honest I think it'd be cool, but I don't think I'd be turning very sharp or very fast, even with a rollbar

Man...that is HOT the way it looks now, not to mention the way it would look when I'm done with it. Nice brushguard...winch, lights etc etc. It would be a cross between the new baby Hummer and the SEAL teams' assault vehicle.

-AC

Anyone notice the hood scoop conveniently where the stock one sits in a V8? I bet they have a freeflow cone.

-AC

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to see a topless Explorer go to the SERIOUS EXPLORATIONS FORM and look for POST ATTICA something. Then look for the POST by RICK! there was a topless Explorer there, but we could not find him to talk!

Back