topless | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

topless

i'm going to keep my truck

i'm also going to be posting a whole heck of alot more again as there are now a million new things i have to learn in order to do everything i want.

plans-

roadster
lay body
tonneau cover mounted reverse (so it the front folds up) w. plexi window showing amp rack
keep the front suicide, rear pass suicice and tailgate door configuration
400/450 hp/tq

major stumbling points-

z front or body drop entire truck (rear suspension will be fairly easy- just weld in all new at height desired, front not so much to get it down further as front crossmember is on ground and body isn't!)

rollcage type bracing system to replace strength lost by removing roof. probably with hoops behind each front seat with seat belt harnesses (and this can't ruin the simple lines etc.)

about 20,000 other things i'm not sure about yet

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

that's crazy dude

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

badass. cant wait to see some progress on it.

That's going to be sick. :thumbsup:
Never saw a chopped top Explorer before.:cool:

DSC_0006-1.jpg

i'm busy with the other car yet

Whatever happened to this project. It's badass. Inspires me to wanna find a house with a garage for sure.

Oh Damn. Well this unfinished project may have just sparked a fuse in my brain. I think this idea would be better pulled off with a mustang convertible roll bar chopped around and shorter seats and a lower dash to really give it that roadster look.

Back