Tornado Air system Dyno Runs.... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tornado Air system Dyno Runs....

So why make them for vehicles they won't work in? It's a scam.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah I agree...but they will refund your money if within 30! :p

Agreed-I bought the Tornado and was dissapointed in what I got. I notice a little bit of increased power when accelerating over 3500 rpms, but that's abolut it.

Eric

I've got a co-worker that swears by it.... He claims that when they change over to the re-formulated gasoline around here in the wintertime that he slips it in and gets an extra 3mpg.

I personally believe he's smokin' some wacky tobackey.

FWIW, it's on a 3.0 Liter Ranger.

-Joe

I've got one....I noticed a little extra pickup above 3500 rpm or so, but no, not worth the money.

Erk

r37ribution said:
Yeah I agree...but they will refund your money if within 30! :p

See it from a real engineer's perspective: If a $0.37 piece of tin would boost hp and/or gas mileage, you can be sure Ford et al. would install them at the factory.

And from the historical perspective: This kind of junk shows up on the market every time gas prices climb. Fuel swirlers were around in the late '70s, called the "Swarup," and even reputable auto-parts stores -- including mine, which should have known and done better -- sold them.

Also those hunks of aluminum/magnets sold as "fuel enhancers" to clamp onto the fuel line. Snake oil, every one of them.

Forget the Tornado, create a hurricane! Get a blower.

I gotta tell you, I could care less about horsepower, especially now when gas in my neighborhood is $2.37 for regular. I am only concered about MPG, does anyone have the MPG stats. I noticed that there is a Tornado look a like on ebay for $29, which I mean they are both cheap sheet metal creations so look a like probably works a like.

It doesn't add HP so it won't increase mileage.

Good news! I was also curious about this. Figured it was too good to be true. Great to have to some hard evidence on this now!

if anything, it may decrease it, as its one extra restriction in the air intake

ASmallwood said:
I gotta tell you, I could care less about horsepower, especially now when gas in my neighborhood is $2.37 for regular. I am only concered about MPG, does anyone have the MPG stats. I noticed that there is a Tornado look a like on ebay for $29, which I mean they are both cheap sheet metal creations so look a like probably works a like.
a blower will add hp, torque, AND mpg

rfuree11 said:
if anything, it may decrease it, as its one extra restriction in the air intake

Doug and I dyno tested one on my 99 SOHC this past weekend. Doug will be posting the sheets, however, if memory serves me, we showed a LOSS of 2 RWHP.

haha

Back